Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferengi Blue Room

Looks like it was a worm, called Santy.A, that targeted a hole in phpBB. A lot of forums got hit yesterday.

Matt, I have mailed you some information in case you haven't already found it.

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Hmm. Nah. It doesn't make me wonder. And I don't go for the parents pleading, "My child basically is a good child" crap. All parents say that. Parents, if your child would go so far as to do this, consider yourself unfit. Suicide is your prime option, though I can accept relinquishing your reproductive organs.

Have a happy holiday.
    *chuckle* Well I probably have too much curiousity as it is but as my friends here can attest to I am a firm believer in just taking them out into the street and shooting them. It is quick but if covered by the media it would make for a decent example for any others who like to create this type of damage and electronic terrorism.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Anyone who would do this is a waste of air.

I hope that the guys behind this get their balls pounded flat with a hammer.

And then have a debilitating stroke.

I'd have suggested a hideously wasting STD, but I doubt the little losers could buy sex.

Happy Holidays m***********, I hope you all die a painful death.

I guess I'm feeling a little vindictive today.

It's only stuff. I shouldn't be this pissed off. But I am, so the above stands.

Alex

You are all entirely too kind and generous.

What I have in mind for the vermin would be slow and excruciating, but it would involve many... players. We would need to have at least one physician on staff, to stop things before they went quite too far.

It would take them WEEKS to die.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

All I ask for Christmas is the little sh-1-t that did this to the FBR and a blowtorch. Not an industrial size one, mind, just a l'il biddy one......oh, and a large tank of butane/propane to while away my hours with......

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Is there anyone to report this type of stuff to, the FCC or something? I can't believe with all the hacking and worm stuff I keep hearing about that someone isn't responsible for tracking these people down. Haven't the laws caught up with the technology yet?

Matt, I was not infavor of splitting the group, and I'm still not very keen on it, but I hope you don't give up on it. If you do. . .they have won.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

It's apparantly a worm using Google to look for vulnerable sites.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,119024,00.asp

And yes, I too offier my sincere hopes that FBR gets back up ASAP.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    *chuckle* Well I probably have too much curiousity as it is but as my friends here can attest to I am a firm believer in just taking them out into the street and shooting them. It is quick but if covered by the media it would make for a decent example for any others who like to create this type of damage and electronic terrorism.
    I dunno. A quick, merciful kill doesn't satisfy me. And it only takes a second. After that, there's not much you can do with a corpse that no longer feels pain.

Make that deviant begging that I should end his life and constantly deny him that wish for at least 30 days, that is music to my ears. And yes, I will test every nerve in that deviant's body.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Gah! Yeah that is one nasty piece of work! Well Matt I hope you manage to get the thing fixed, and yes, I imagine there is little point in fixing it if the thing will get broen right away

I wish hackers would just find something.. useful.. to do
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    I dunno. A quick, merciful kill doesn't satisfy me. And it only takes a second. After that, there's not much you can do with a corpse that no longer feels pain.

Make that deviant begging that I should end his life and constantly deny him that wish for at least 30 days, that is music to my ears. And yes, I will test every nerve in that deviant's body.
    Ehh...it's the public object lesson I am more interested in. That and getting back to the joys of my own life.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Meh. At least you know where my joy lies. Hehehe.

[image placeholder: devil smiley]

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

*chuckle* That we most certainly clearly do. *grin*

Regards,
    CKV.

Well I have gotten my portfolio back up. I will try and have the FBR up by midnight EST. THank you for your patience.

Talking

Take your time. One shouldn't work on Christmas Day (one second after midnight). Have a good one yourself.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Well, as much as I hate these little kids with nothing to do but screw with people's work...it was a clever bit of coding, using google to spread the worm.