Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferengi Blue Room

Ferengi Blue Room

Um.. what happened to the FBR?

Did it get hacked or something?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Looks like it... I'd just love to get 5 minutes alone with one of the hackers and a pair of pliers. Use your imagination.

Gee, Owen, you're getting soft. I'd rather have 30 days and more than just pliers with one of them scrawny hackers who must have been so bored to want to vandalize someone else's web site.

I will assure that in the 30-day period, that offending hacker will not be bored.

[image placeholder: devil smiley]
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Angry

Slag..... %$#$%*#&$%
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

What a jackass.

Hope Matt has a backup... :-/
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I am sure he has.

I hope it is nothing more serious than a worm that has changed the index.html or index.php.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton
    and a pair of pliers. Use your imagination.
    that somehow reminds me of "Pulp Fiction".

I wonder what is so great about destroying other people's work. I assume its envy about others' achievements and that they cannot achieve similiar things.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Angry

OR it's the case of a boring teen who have absolutely nothing to do, so he either hack a web site or two,

...gather friends and destroy in-progress housing development,

...blow up mailboxes in another neighborhood,

...scaring the homeless by threatening them and shooting them with paintball in the dark.

...put up a burning cross,

...spray-paint swastika.

Makes me want to support corporal and capital punishment and trying to convict minors as adults, if not their parents.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

still want to tan the little cretins hides
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I really despise these (are expletives allowed here?) XXXXXXXX!
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

I just checked the FBR. Still down. Almost makes me wish we still had a draft; I'd love to have some time to straighten out those worthless maggots and make them into productive members of society. Or at least put 'em on the front lines for cannon fodder.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

It does make you wonder whether or not these types of people have anything that they value within their lives.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I hate these little "h4x0r" teenagers. That's all I have to say. Trashed my portfolio(main use of the domain) and then trashed the FBR. I may get things back up if I get around to it. But meh. These people take the spirit out of being an admin.

It apparently is an exploit for phpBB. I don't know if it has been patched or not. Until further notice the FBR is suspended. NOT CANCELLED
    Last edited by Lt Cmdr Matt; 12-21-2004 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. K. Vaughn
    It does make you wonder whether or not these types of people have anything that they value within their lives.
    Hmm. Nah. It doesn't make me wonder. And I don't go for the parents pleading, "My child basically is a good child" crap. All parents say that. Parents, if your child would go so far as to do this, consider yourself unfit. Suicide is your prime option, though I can accept relinquishing your reproductive organs.

Have a happy holiday.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

that somehow reminds me of "Pulp Fiction".

I'm more inspired by Westley's discussion with Prince Humperdinck in The Princess Bride, but yeah, Marcellus Wallace's "get medi&aelig;val on their asses" works for me as well.

Starship Modeler's ISP has taken down their forums temporarily as a preemptive measure - apparently the script kiddies have designed a 'bot which is making the rounds of phpBB Forums.

Like I said, 5 minutes and a pair of pliers. No real finesse needed (subtlety is wasted on these pollutants in the gene pool) - but they'd never be able to forget.