Thread: Series Starship Combat

Question Series Starship Combat

One of my favorite things about the CODA system is how much I like the starship combat system. But then I wondered how often that really comes up in a game?
    So how often does starship combat come up in your game and if you prefer to have no starship combat at all?
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I use Spacedock myself but Starship Combat really depends on the current campaign and the universe setting. In my Challenger campaign, they saw an extreme amount of combat due to the Dominion War and then later when they were attempting to evade the Romulans and Taurhai to get home.

The Challenger will likely see regular amounts of combat during future reunion games given the circumstances with which season 2 ended.

The Voden mini-campaign will likely see no actual combat played out beyond the introduction.

The Typhon Expanse campaigns, there are three set in this region, will see very little combat initially but will build toward it as tensions escalate in the region.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I'd say combat appeared, like, once every three episodes on average... Especially because the system is so neat and, hell, I wrote ESO, so I have to use it, need I?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek