Thread: Tsunami videos

Tsunami videos

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Better yet.

Dont watch the videos. Get in touch with your local red cross, and find out how you can help? Donate money, donate blankets and tinned food. This is a huge disaster, 60000+ at the moment, with the possibility that the final death toll may never be found (lots of back-packers and isolated communities)...

And even though the US and UK say they are the biggest donaters of personnel and supplies, just think how much more aid could be given and supplied if we were not diverting highly trained personnel (military and civil) into Iraq.

Our governments are doing all they can spare, but believe me it is not enough to help due to the sheer scale of the tradgedy. So we must all help raise the total just a little bit more.

Meanwhile all I can do is wait to hear from my friends in the reion (1 in India and one in Thailand)
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Unhappy

Hear, hear!

I'm just glad that my brother and his family are back, safe and sound in the Netherlands. They were in Thailand a couple of months ago.
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Well my after-christmas RPG-Buying plans are cancelled - the money is better spend elsewhere. I just hope that the help that is send actually reaches those areas, but I am also quite convinced that the international community can ease the harm there. I hope
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

One of my aunts relatives perished in Indonesia. Still waiting on the news of the others.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

SC,

My condolences
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

SC and for anyone on this board that may be directly affected by this tragedy, waiting to learn the status of or having lost someone I extend my sympathy and pray that you are able to learn the fates of your friends and family.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

I can't think of their handle at the moment, but one of our members here is from that area. I want to say Singapore or somewhere thereabouts.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

MSNBC Slide show of before/after satellite images...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6770108/?GT1=5936

The level of some of the destruction is beyond words...
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Thanks, BouncyCaitian and Capt. K. Vaughn. I got word that my mother's immediate family survived.

I know that anyone who shops on Ebay always uses Paypal for their purchases. Paypal is accepting donations on their site for Unicef. http://donations.paypal.com/
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Glad to hear it Space Cadet, a friend of mine is also waiting for news about one of her friends who had gone over there only a few weeks ago for a wedding and she is now anxiously waiting to hear from her. Unfortunately, she did not know her friend's travel plans so she has no idea if she went somewhere after that for holidays or is still there.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."