Thread: Thanks, Lenny.

Unhappy Thanks, Lenny.

Jerry Orbach passed on from prostate cancer.

He was 69.

Damn... and damn.

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I heard that on the radio today, and only after looking to see if NBC.com had anything more on it, I learned that Jerry was going to be the main character for the new Law & Order spinoff. Now he's off to play a much bigger role...

Lenny was always my favorite character on L&O; Jerry will be missed.

My prayers to his family; I know this world is less with his passing.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I was saddened by this as well...Lenny Brisco was my favorite character from L&O, and I was greatly looking forward to the spin-off featuring him.

His was a character that was very 3 dimensional...vulnerable yet tough, with a razor sense of humor.

I'm curious to see how they handle his passing on the show, as I'm sure it will get mentioned (probably with the passing of Brisco). We were discussing this at work today, and it would be a very classy move by the L&O production staff to donate a portion (if not all) of that episode's earnings to prostate cancer research, or to his favorite charity.

Jerry Orbach was a real class act, all the way. It's a shame to see him gone. It makes his old L&O episodes that much more special though.

Greg

Unhappy

Too bad... he will be missed.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis
    I'm curious to see how they handle his passing on the show...
    There's a link off the Law & Order section of the nbc.com site that says Jerry's part in the first few episodes of Trial by Jury will remain. The article made no mention of how they'll handle his death, however.

Knowing the intelligence and skill of the L&O writers, I'm sure they'll handle it well.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Unhappy

While he more notable for his Law & Order role, I first seen him in Patrick Swayze's movie, Dirty Dancing.

My condolence to his surviving families and friends.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer