Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TrekRPG Next Generation Sourcebook

It would be nice to have mentions of at least the locations and 'sets' that the events of the show took place, especially for potential threads etc. Most worlds would not be covered in any 'worlds' books because they are far to numerous and obscure!
    Ta Muchly

Hey, everybody...

Sadly, I've been unable to jump back on this these last couple of weeks. My girlfriend got nailed with a case of pneumonia, so I've been away from my computer for the last several days. Work will proceed, but much to be done in the area of non-netbook things for the moment.

I'm still on this, guys. Thanks for hanging in there.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

I'm still plugging away on Season 7 as well

Renny

PROGRESS UPDATE:

The Season One chapter is in the can. The Enterprise Crew chapter has been started. All Game References from Season One are also done. Work on the Season Two chapter has begun.

Tobian: Whenever possible, I'll be presenting a brief mention of each world in the Aliens chapter.
    chris "mac" mccarver

Smile

WHOA!! You're doing this kick-ass ultra-complete sourcebook for TNG and it's NOT a book you'll be paid for, but a free netbook for trek gamers? Well THANK YOU, Mac417!! :^D

You're seeking opinions... all you noted as being made is important and worth including IMHO.

If I may suggest something -- Since this is not an "official" book and you seem to know a lot about the series, what about a discussion on the themes, stories, ups and downs of the series from a story construction/plot/characterization/ as relevant to RPGs? Something downright NOT impartial -- YOUR opinion, YOUR views. That would be very interesting, and something you can't quite get on official books, that need to be impartial, clean, for everybody. Plus, such a chapter wouldn't hurt in any way the rest of the book for the people who don't agree with you.

How about that? : )

Good luck! I hope I can put your material to good use in the future with my new CODA Trek group! ; )

Dylan Dog: glad you're liking what you're seeing of the book so far. While I think the inclusion of an opinion-editorial chapter's a good idea, I'll need to see if the book will have enough room to contain something along those lines. While comprehensive, I'm also wanting to make the book concise, and adding up the various Word documents of each chapter, I'm already at close to 150 pages pre-layout and I just finished mining Season One for info. Decent idea though, and I am going to be doing something of an intro chapter that goes into detail a bit about my personal experiences with the series.

Thanks again, and hope you like and can make use of the book when it's done.

PROGRESS UPDATE: Starship Game References from Season Two added. Episode summaries done up until "The Outrageous Okona." Expect the Season Two chapter to be Game Refs-light, I couldn't find a whole lot stat-worthy during this season.
    chris "mac" mccarver

You're right -- It's going to be a big book indeed! Well, I hope this editorial introduction of yours makes it!

Cheers!

- D Dog

PROGRESS UPDATE: Episode summaries done up to "Samaritan Snare." Sorry I haven't gotten more done this past week, guys... in the midst of changing residences.
    chris "mac" mccarver

Take your time! I mean, If Decipher can, you're more than welcome.

(Come on Decipher, I love your game! What's up? )

BTW -- Will you have stats for Tasha?

(Am I the only Tasha fan alive? Is it normal to have a giant crush on her when you're 13 (1993 that was)?

Live long and prosper!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Dog
    Take your time! I mean, If Decipher can, you're more than welcome.

(Come on Decipher, I love your game! What's up? )

BTW -- Will you have stats for Tasha?

(Am I the only Tasha fan alive? Is it normal to have a giant crush on her when you're 13 (1993 that was)?

Live long and prosper!
    Sure will.

The Enterprise Crew chapter will contain stats for the following characters:

Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Cmdr. William Riker
    Lt. Cmdr. Data
    Dr. Beverly Crusher
    Lt. Cmdr. Geordi LaForge
    Counselor Deanna Troi
    Lt. Worf
    Wesley Crusher
    Lt. Natasha Yar
    C.P.O. Miles O'Brien
    Dr. Katherine Pulaski
    Guinan
    Ensign Ro Laren
    Lt. Reginald Barclay
    Keiko O'Brien
    Alexander Rozhenko
    Lt. Alyssa Ogawa
    chris "mac" mccarver

PROGRESS UPDATE: Season 2 summaries are done. Working on plot hooks at the moment. Sorry for the slow going, guys, I'm still in the midst of moving.
    chris "mac" mccarver

I'm still working on Season 7 also, although i'm currently stalled around the season midway point. Real life intruding, i'm afraid. I'll get back to it as soon as I can though.

Regards

Renny

Quote Originally Posted by Renny
    I'm still working on Season 7 also, although i'm currently stalled around the season midway point. Real life intruding, i'm afraid. I'll get back to it as soon as I can though.

Regards

Renny
    Take your time and make real life the priority, dude. There's no deadline on this.
    chris "mac" mccarver

PROGRESS UPDATE 5.20.05:

Just a heads-up that I've been in the process of moving into my GF's place, so the tools needed to work on the book aren't readily available at the moment (re: in boxes).

Work will resume once the move's done, likely the end of next week.
    chris "mac" mccarver

I'M BACK, SUCKAZ!!

After fighting off an accursed sinus infection, and FINALLY completing the move into my new place, I'm back on this thing. Sadly, I have a minimal update due to all the chaos. Only new thing I've been able to do in reference to the book is Kate Pulaski's writeup. Work should proceed at more of a rapid clip from here on out though. Keep those ideas and feedback coming!
    chris "mac" mccarver