Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TrekRPG Next Generation Sourcebook

It's an empty experience without UberBabe Michelle Forbes on the cover. (long, pitiful sob and wiping sleeve across face) I - I just got something in my eye...

Don't worry, D.S., she's getting a writeup in the book.

Okay, taking TTK's suggestions into account, I worked up two new drafts and I think this is as far as I'll take the cover design (must work on the actual content too)...

Pick your favorite, guys.

chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

There we go : )

You could do a third version with a blue shirt/sidebar...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

If I have to pick, the red one! though the background could use a little more contrast... just a smidge It would look really nice printed with foils
    Ta Muchly

And the final version:

chris "mac" mccarver

Nice. So the outside of the book is taken care off. Now we are jsut down to the inside.

Yeah I like it!
    Ta Muchly

wow... thereīs actually more debating about the cover than about the content

but anyhow, you did a great job. at first i liked the blue version better, but now that youīve changed the contrast of the red one (or whatever you did, iīm not really into photoshop and this kinda stuff) it looks cool and matches the TNG-theme.

now, could you do the same with the blue one, just for the comparison ??

naa, just joking

anyhow, canīt wait to see the whole thing when itīs done !!

greetz
    lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln_LM
    wow... thereīs actually more debating about the cover than about the content \
    We haven't seen enough of the content to debate it : P
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Well, here's a little preview of the content to be debated... a listing of the species profiles from the book:

Acamarian
    Aldean
    Allasomorph
    Angelite
    Angosian
    Antedean
    Ba'ku
    Bandi
    Boraalan
    Chalnoth
    Crystalline Entity
    Delosian
    Dreman
    Edo
    Exocomp
    Farpoint Entity
    Haliian
    Iyaaran
    J'naii
    Kaelon
    Kostolain
    Kriosian
    Mintakan
    Mizarian
    "Parasitic Lifeform"
    Peliarian
    Reman
    Rutian
    Satarran
    Sheliak
    So'na
    Soong-Type Android
    Talarian
    Tamarian
    Tanugan
    Tarellian
    Ullian
    Velaran
    Zalkonian
    Last edited by Mac417; 09-09-2007 at 11:00 PM.
    chris "mac" mccarver

What's the format of the book? How many words are each species profile?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    What's the format of the book? How many words are each species profile?
    Here's a brief rundown of the book so far:

Chapter 1: Enterprise Crew

Profiles and game stats of the main characters with "progression charts" that depict how their characters have evolved between "Encounter at Farpoint" and Star Trek: Nemesis, plus standard profiles and game stats for recurring and featured Enterprise crewmembers in addition to the senior officers.

Chapters 2-9: Mission Logs

Brief breakdowns of each episode of the series, with related plot hooks, with each season getting its own chapter, plus a chapter to cover the four TNG movies.

Chapter 10: Aliens

Species profiles for any quantifiable races that debuted on TNG that haven't been already covered elsewhere in Decipher's publications. The species profiles will be done in the exact same format as those in the Player's Guide, Narrator's Guide, and Starfleet Operations Manual, so that should be an indicator as to their length.

Chapter 11: Supporting Cast

Game stats and bios for recurring or featured secondary characters from the series.

Chapter 12: Equipment

Stats for any weaponry, tools, and what-not that appeared in TNG that haven't already been shown in Decipher's publications.

Chapter 13: Starships

Stats for any ship classes that debuted in TNG that haven't been covered in Decipher's publications. plus a listing of all the ships that appeared or were mentioned in TNG.

Chapter 14: A Tour of the Enterprise-D

A breakdown of the layout of the Enterprise-D, told in a travelogue style that basically will show players where things are on a Galaxy-class ship, rather than just a dry deck-by-deck directory (which I'll probably include anyway ).
    chris "mac" mccarver

Quote Originally Posted by Mac417
    Chapter 10: Aliens

Species profiles for any quantifiable races that debuted on TNG that haven't been already covered elsewhere in Decipher's publications. The species profiles will be done in the exact same format as those in the Player's Guide, Narrator's Guide, and Starfleet Operations Manual, so that should be an indicator as to their length.
    Ah, okay. The reason I ask is that I'm about halfway through a set of Aliens/Worlds-length profiles for the Peliar Zel, Haliians and Algolians ('Species of Starfleet Part One: TNG'). Maybe for BtFF, maybe just for individual release. I don't know whether you care about mindshare competition or not : P

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King
    Ah, okay. The reason I ask is that I'm about halfway through a set of Aliens/Worlds-length profiles for the Peliar Zel, Haliians and Algolians ('Species of Starfleet Part One: TNG'). Maybe for BtFF, maybe just for individual release. I don't know whether you care about mindshare competition or not : P
    I figure one or more people have done writeups for a number of these races already somewhere, yeah.

I figure if I made an omission for every other iteration of game material covered elsewhere on the net, regardless of comparative quality, the book itself would either be pretty sparse or be full of "for the stats on this, go to http://www, etc., etc." references.
    chris "mac" mccarver

Quote Originally Posted by Mac417
    I figure one or more people have done writeups for a number of these races already somewhere, yeah.

I figure if I made an omission for every other iteration of game material covered elsewhere on the net, regardless of comparative quality, the book itself would either be pretty sparse or be full of "for the stats on this, go to http://www, etc., etc." references.
    Yeh. If you like someone else's writeup, though, you might as well ask to see if you can use it (with credits and stuff).