Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this is for any of you gunfreaks outhere

the political pressures to get the m-16 aside..
    it didn't go through the rigorous testing that systems go through nowadays..
    god,grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,The good fortune to run into the ones I do,And the eyesight to tell the difference..

NSDQ

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187
    Looks really nice. I just hope that all of the "neat" features don't make it a bear to handle in the field. Weren't there a lot of problems with the M-16 when it was first put into service?

The original M16 was the proverbial p.o.s....

The M16A2 is actually pretty reliable, if you keep it clean. Still, I'd rather put my life in the graces of a G36 or AUG (except for that friggin' mag release; could it get less ergonomic?) My reaction is much the same with the Beretta M9; I'd rather trust myself to a Kimber .45, an H&K USP in the same, or a Walther P99 in .40.

Question

"P.O.S."???
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

P.O.S = Piece Of [censored]

AUG.. ugh..
    sidearms.. people have various preferences on what they like..
    mines mission specific..
    god,grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,The good fortune to run into the ones I do,And the eyesight to tell the difference..

NSDQ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfe
    AUG.. ugh..
    I find it shoots great, and the bullpup makes it much easier to use in house-clearing than an M16. But that damned mag release is awful.

we've found the small weapon makes you expose more of yourself during cqb... no thanks..
    the mag release is a issue this weapon has had for some time..
    the scar series is far better for cgb than the steyr..
    heck i'd radther have the 249short -para to the rest- in cq than the aug,or the m16-

NSDQ