Thread: Enterprise Looks To Future

Enterprise Looks To Future

Enterprise Looks To Future
    Manny Coto, the executive producer of UPN's Star Trek: Enterprise, told the Chicago Tribune that he wants to explore the founding of the Federation if the ratings-challenged series makes it to a fifth season next year.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30069

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Well, if the exec's quote is any indication, the outlook seems initially hopeful for a fifth season. At least I'm going to interpret it that way.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

It could be interesting...

Though I will wait and see what happens with this season.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Arrow

Well, this season was going pretty well, until they decided to produce an episode to reveal the mystery of the "Klingon forehead." One can only pray they decided NOT to air it ... forever.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I'd rather they did show a reason for the lack of bumpy foreheads in Star Trek TOS than Worf saying "It's something we don't discuss with outsiders."

I mean....that was a major cop-out!

Carry on Manny...you're doing a great job!
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Setvenharis
    I'd rather they did show a reason for the lack of bumpy foreheads in Star Trek TOS than Worf saying "It's something we don't discuss with outsiders."

Carry on Manny...you're doing a great job!
    Agreed. Since they made it an issue but didn't provide an explanation in DS9 (whereas before that, we could ignore it and assume that TOS Klingons were really bumpy too), I think it's only fair they explain on Enterprise.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Here, here, Doug and Setven. I look forward to those episodes.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Well if I don't like the official canon answer, I'll continue to use my own in-game explanation.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by Setvenharis

Actually, I like Worf's answer. I prefer it remain a mystery. I mean, what is this "human" obsession of having to explain everything? It takes out all the fun.

If this episode air, it will end Manny Coto's winning streak of good episodes for this season. Sighs.

*shakes head in disappointment*

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Way to keep an open mind, Reg.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

We won't know if we will get a complete explanation until after the show has aired. After all, it is quite common to blatantly infer that something will occur in episodes of various series, the most recent being "Desperate Housewives". Then find out that while the statements made are technically accurate, they skirted the events that one was led to believe would occur.

*shrug* We'll know soon enough and I am sure that part of the reason they are writing the episode is because the demand by the more vocal fans who want this explained in a manner that will fit the universe rather then a cop out or the reality of a show's budget.

Regards,
    CKV.

Well when i see the work Cotto have done on previous episode i'm sure he'll do fine with that one too

And even if he screw up well we can still ignore it
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    Way to keep an open mind, Reg.
    Hey, I called it the way I see it.

Honestly, what does the Klingon forehead mystery have to do with what I consider the most interesting story premise: Birth of the Federation?

Look, Manny Coto caught my attention this season in a positive way, but he will lose that if he expose the secret, which even as a Fan of All Things Klingon -- me -- prefer the mystery of it. Let the fans continue to speculate.

So there.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I truly doubt that they're going to produce a whole episode where the main plot is to explain the differences in Klingon foreheads. It's more likely they'll have an ep where the explanation is part of the story.

Either way, they've got a helluva Romulan story to tell first. . . .
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

I just hope they don't go with the idea that has it that Romulus is the home planet of the Vulcans and that Vulcans originally left there and colonized what we know of as Vulcan in Star Trek history.

Regards,
    CKV.