Thread: Anyone use Dundjinni ?

Anyone use Dundjinni ?

Just wanted to see if anyone out there uses the RPG mapping program Dundjinni. I was initially intrigued by the program when I saw the example maps in an advert. When I first went to the web site a year ago, I was disappointed that it was Windows-only. Now, they've recently released it for Mac OS X.

At first, I was reluctant to buy the program; I'm a graphic designer and can easily whip up pro-level maps in Illustrator and Photoshop if I have the inclination. But, after trying out the demo, I was sold on Dundjinni. Why ? This program saves a LOT of time. A map generated in Illustrator or Freehand that took six hours can be generated by Dundjinni in about two. And since Dundjinni uses PNG as its native art format, you can scale your GM reference maps up to table-top battlemats and still retain photo-like realistic details.

Sure, you could set up your own map templates in Illustrator or Freehand and generate your own art element packs (for use in the tool set) to get similar functionality, but I don't think the time-saving work-flow would be quite the same.

Anyone here use Dundjinni ? Anyone here generated any sci-fi or Star Trek related art packs ?
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

I just started using it awhile ago and have appreciated it immensely since. It was a Christmas gift from one of my players. I am still getting the hang of it though. I have not generated anything science fiction or Trek based yet but I had wondered about doing so.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."