Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Star Trek RPG rumor

New Star Trek RPG rumor

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/forum.php

its under general discussion. link didn't work well

this was posted on the Mongoose Publishing forums, anybody heard anything?
    Garet

Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Just read the whole thing, well i don't know if that's going to happen but if it does happen i'll take a look at it
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

I wonder if it'll be d20 like their other games (If they have the license)?
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

The rumor has been on for a while, but given the forum thread, it's possible there would be some ground to it after all...

Most likely it'll be D20. After all, they tweaked D20 for B5 and came up with a perfectly good version for sci-fi before D20 Space. I don't like D20 but I've been impressed by their work on B5... And they do know how to manage a line, that's sure.

If it's true I'll definitely pick it up.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

Quote Originally Posted by KillerWhale
    And they do know how to manage a line, that's sure.
    Manage a line, yes. Edit...not so much. Their Babylon 5 game, while vital and growing, is a hideous mess because they crank shit out too fast without giving it even a cursory once-over with a spell-checker, let alone real editing.

I hope that, if they do have a shot at the license, they'll take better care of things. Their quality control lacks some things, IMO.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

True enough

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Expanded Spacecraft Operations, a 100+ page sourcebook for CODA Trek

I so hope so. $45 is acceptable. 300 pages is good. Jun 2005 is great. I hope it'll get the feel right. Along the lines of Icon, Coda, or even PD would work. I don't know much about FASA. Any chance any Icon/ Coda designers could be involved again? I get the idea they've given up on it. I guess Hite and Long are out of the question. Maybe SJohn Ross? Hopefully Mongoose winds up cranking out as much as WEGWars. More detailed and scientific worldbuilding would be cool, along the lines of GURPS. Guidelines for actual mapping of terrain would be nice. 15 to 20 core races would be good, maybe include Denobulans. Ooh! Ooh! an RPGspecific Starchart book starting from Mandel's! How little chance is there that they could use material created for Icon/ Coda? I'd be interested to see how they'd start fresh. Considering Coda, I think D20 would be workable. Sector sourcebooks would be good, starting with 001, covering every system therein. Nondiscouragedly playable Vorta. New empires to fill up unknown space. Sourcebooks for Menthar/ Promellian, Iconian, and Tkon days. For the 25th, 27th, 29th, 30th centuries and for ancient Vulcan, Andor, Qonos, Bajor, etc. Guidelines for creating alternate realities.

Interesting. *lol* If this keeps up, I'm going to need a library room just for my Trek gaming material.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

d20?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Buy it or don't buy it. Or buy it and reverse-engineer it for your system of preference.

It's what I used Decipher's materials for - the fluff.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Cool d20 Fan is in the Hizzouse!

Hmm. Skeptical but ... hmm.

Why is it that Amazon.com is allowed to leak information when the company have not officially announce it? Bah. I'm not a fan of hype, is all.

Personally, it's good news. My opinion? It will follow their Conan and Lone Wolf RPG series. IOW, it will be OGL, just won't carry the d20 logo.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

If true I'd just hope they slow down their release schedule a little bit... While the pace of Decipher's releases was way too slow, I find they release much too many Babylon 5 products for my tastes. Your milage may vary.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

*laugh* No kidding Dan. I like the B5 Product but I'm definitely unable to keep up with the volume of product that has been released given my other purchases in other lines.

Regards,
    CKV.

Well, they do have at least ONE deal going with Decipher...

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/ph...pic.php?t=5083

They will be publishing an RPG based on the WARS card game from Dec.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."