Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Star Trek RPG rumor

Some weird bug got ahold of my system over the last couple of weeks and rendered Internet Explorer 6 corrupt - thank God, the latest AntiVirus 9 download seems to have cleared it up - so I haven't had an opportunity to check back in here as I wanted to. The Gaming Report article seems to be rather vague - as is appropriate, considering the company they're investigating - and I still stand by my original comment and prediction. I remember, oh, roughly about a year ago, we were having a debate on this subject after an advertisement for Worlds was put up on the Decipher site. Someone - and I can't remember exactly whom - stated that they'd talked to their FGS rep and were told, "The books are not released, and I doubt they ever will be." That pretty much sums up my approach on the subject; again, if they are released, I'll be happy to choke down a big helping of crow while I stand in line for the suckers, but until that day, like Chancellor Velorum, Decipher gets a big vote of No Confidence from this corner.

BTW, my best friend - whose machine I'm posting this on - has submitted the opinion that valuable board space is being wasted with the ongoing Enterprise evaluations; he feels we'd all be much better off if we just went home and read our Bibles - i.e., TOS.

I don't make this stuff up, folks - I just report it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    BTW, my best friend - whose machine I'm posting this on - has submitted the opinion that valuable board space is being wasted with the ongoing Enterprise evaluations; he feels we'd all be much better off if we just went home and read our Bibles - i.e., TOS.
    Really? Ask him how he felt about the "Spock's Brain" episode of Season 3.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Hmm

1) I am home
    2) I don't own a Bible
    3) Why would I want to read one, I'm not a practicing / lapsed / Forgetful Christian, nor do I have any inclination to be

Now let me get back to my demon occultists summonings books
    Ta Muchly

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    2) I don't own a Bible
    He meant TOS Bible.

Now let me get back to my demon occultists summonings books
    Your Care Bears Coloring & Activity Book? Eww.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Ohhhhh !

Well no, in this instance, I was refering to Devils due, for my Dark ages Vampire game
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    ...I remember, oh, roughly about a year ago, we were having a debate on this subject after an advertisement for Worlds was put up on the Decipher site. Someone - and I can't remember exactly whom - stated that they'd talked to their FGS rep and were told, "The books are not released, and I doubt they ever will be." ...
    It sounds like that might be a comment I made, although I can't find the thread in question. I say this because I remember being told exactly that be a representative from the online game discounter CCGArmory.com, then called USAComicBooks.com, via email (which I also no longer have).

Talking

Ohhhhh !

Well no, in this instance, I was refering to Devils due, for my Dark ages Vampire game
    A Storyteller product? Eww. Now THAT is a Satan's book.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan