Thread: Where is Galadriel?

Southeast Kansas (40 feet from the middle of Nowhere)

Where is Galadriel?

My 16-year-old nephew (with a little bit of help from me) is running a chronicle that takes place during the War of Sauron and the Elves. The PCs started in Ost-in-Edhil just before the fall of the city and were entrusted with the Three. Their mission was to take them to the High King. With this accomplished, the King sent us with Elrond in the effort to lift the siege and rescue Celembrimbor (which has failed), we are now to take the third ring across the mountains to Galadriel.

This is the problem. Referencing the Encyclopedia of Arda, he discovered that Galadriel didn't become the Lady of Lothlorien until well into the Third Age. At the time of this war, Amroth's father (can't remember his name) is the King of Lothlorien. He was operating under the assumption that Galadriel had founded the realm, but he has since discovered that she didn't. So begs the question:

Where is Galadriel during the War of Sauron and the Elves? Currently, the PCs are making their way north with Elrond's forces after the failed attempt to relieve Ost-in-Edhil with plans of crossing the Misty Mountains and taking the last ring to Galadriel in Lothlorien, but she isn't there. Where would she be? Do we have to go back to Grey Havens or Rivendell, or would she be elsewhere, possibly helping her future realm survive?

He would greatly appreciate any help, or opinions. If it were me, I would make this the goal of the chronicle, but I believe he has other trials and tribulations in store for us (one of the PCs is carrying one half of the Ring of Fate).

Thank you,

DRS
    Professional soldiers are predictable, unfortunately, the world is full of amateurs.

In life, there are defining moments; it is for you to decide whether the moment will define you, or if you will define the moment.

Dustin, I ran a campaign based on those same events and ran into the same problem. Here's what I did:

circa 750 Second Age: Galadriel and Celeborn move to Eregion along with Celembrimbor. They live there and occasionally travel to Laurelindórenan (Lórien) to visit Amdír, who is father to Amroth and kinsman to Celeborn.

c. 1200 SA: Annatar shows up. Galadriel doens't trust him, but Celebrimbor invites him to his great works.

c. 1500 SA: After a long stay in Lórien, Galadriel and Celebrimbor move to Lindon.

1697 SA: Elrond founds Imladris, Galadriel takes Nenya in secrecy to Lórien (travelling through Moria in the process) and Celeborn takes command of the defensive line on the river Lhűn.

She stays in Lórien until after the war and returns in time to participate in the first White Council.

There's additional material in the old MERP Lórien sourcebook. Hope that helps!
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Unfinished Tales has a chapter devoted to the history of Celeborn and Galadriel. I belive that Celebrimbor had the hots for Galadriel!

Anyway, worth a good read as it contains lots of information about the period you are gaming in.
    www.unfinishedtales.net

'Some who have read the book, or at any rate have reviewed it, have found it boring, absurd, or contemptible; and I have no cause to complain, since I have similar opinions of their works' JRR Tolkien