Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Development Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by jened
    it will be great if you release us the info before decipher officially does to the public. it would have also been great if you told us an announcement was forthcoming as i passed on last week.
    Two things:

1. I pass on what information I have when I get it unless probited by Nondisclosure Agreements.
    2. If I had known about this impending announcement, I would have said something. Despite any pretensions I may joke about, I am not, and never have been telepathic, clairvoyant or in any way pecognitive.

Thank you, drive through.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

decipher's web annoucements are scheduled in advance and he may be allowed to pass on the info before kathy gets a free chance to post it.
    I'm sure they are planned in advance. Unfortunately, I found out about it when it was posted, not before.

Renny, ST, Hugh: Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's nice to know you guys know and understand the position I'm in...

Jened: Often times, folks don't realize that I, too, am a volunteer and am limited by the information Decipher chooses (or remembers) to send my way. I wish I was just down the hall from TPTB, but I'm not. I'm several states away. And many times it has seemed that Decipher seems to forget I exist for that very reason. I am in the process of reforging the close working relationship I had with Decipher before the closing of the L.A. RPG Sutdio, though, and will hopefully be back at the top of my game very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac417
    They're really stretching that "next week" estimate. Any news?
    nope. another dAgent brought this up last night but after hours. i'll pass on any info when i get it

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Jened: Often times, folks don't realize that I, too, am a volunteer and am limited by the information Decipher chooses (or remembers) to send my way. I wish I was just down the hall from TPTB, but I'm not. I'm several states away. And many times it has seemed that Decipher seems to forget I exist for that very reason. I am in the process of reforging the close working relationship I had with Decipher before the closing of the L.A. RPG Sutdio, though, and will hopefully be back at the top of my game very soon.
    i wasn't trying to knock you and if you took it that way, i'm sorry.
    Last edited by jened; 01-22-2005 at 11:56 PM.

So, would that reforged working relationship imply that there will be any Trek information to communicate, or just LotR (and WARS? I guess not) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane
    So, would that reforged working relationship imply that there will be any Trek information to communicate, or just LotR (and WARS? I guess not) ?
    Honestly, I don't know yet. I'll post when I do...

Why does a company fight to get the rights to a license as fantastic as Star Trek and then treat it's loyal customers like crap?

I have all the Decipher books and almost all the Last Unicorn ones.

Honestly, the information that was provided in the Last Unicorn books was ten times as good as what Decipher has done.

Just the TNG and DS9 main books have so much more info than the Decipher PG and NG.

I truely hope Decipher continues to make the books, the thought of starting over with another Trek RPG really just urks me to no end.

I like the Decipher and Coda stuff, it just needs to be more. The Operations manual and the Starship books could have been a great deal better.

Let's hope news about new stuff comes soon and leave it at that.

nope. another dAgent brought this up last night but after hours. i'll pass on any info when i get it
    just heard from senior vp scott gaeta and he says the details are not finalized yet for trek rpg and he's working as hard and fast as possible to wrap them up. that trek is licensed from paramount is another factor and as a long time player of decipher's star trek ccg, i know paramount moves slow at times. i think this means there is really good news coming.
    Last edited by jened; 01-28-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Finally a little news...

Just got off the phone with Scott Gaeta and finally got some news:

• The first two LOTR products released will be Paths of the Wise and Helm's Deep.
    • Decipher is working to set up game demos at Gen Con and Origins this year for at leaast LOTR.
    • Trek is on hold at the moment due to a reorganization on the Paramount side of things. However, Scott indicated it's more a matter of "when" than "if".
    • Scott indicated he was rather excited to finally be getting the ball rolling once more for the RPGs after a year or so of effort.

I seem to recall hearing, awhile back, that Paramount had reorganized in such a way that VCP would be handled by Nickelodeon, presumably because it had tremendous experience in that arena already. But that news is very old, and I never heard a follow-up on it.

I remember being dismayed because it seemed to me that this put more layers between the people at Paramount who can intelligently approve things, and the people who would be dealing with licensees.

I certainly hope that Paramount's reorg ends with decent folks in charge on their end, permitting Decipher to move forward on Trek once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balok
    I certainly hope that Paramount's reorg ends with decent folks in charge on their end, permitting Decipher to move forward on Trek once again.
    Scott said there was enthusiasm on the Paramount side for the license, but that it was a matter of gettiung back in the groove as it were...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Burke
    Scott said there was enthusiasm on the Paramount side for the license, but that it was a matter of gettiung back in the groove as it were...
    Thats good to hear, and at least we got some fairly positive news there. My only complaint about Decipher so far has been their Wall of Silence (although I won't mention the Lord of the Rings Narrators Screen ), the guys DO put some quality products out, it would be a shame to see that stop completely.

As an aside, and probably totally inappropriately for this board, where do you recommend I start looking for more info on this forthcoming WARS rpg thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityDoctor
    (although I won't mention the Lord of the Rings Narrators Screen
    was it worse than the trek narrator screen using old charts that had already been errated?

was it worse than the trek narrator screen using old charts that had already been errated?
    Not really. The graphic used for it was pretty blurry, but otherwise pretty much the same problem.

As Doug just said, it was the blurry uninspiring graphic I originally whined about, the Star Trek one was much nicer so I never complained about that.

I actually hadn't even noticed that there were any erroneous charts on either of them until someone else pointed it out, which I suspect says a lot about how shallow I really am...

(Edit to correct spelling --Andy)