Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Development Brewing?

Interesting Development Brewing?

Former Editor, The Hall of Fire, Beyond the Final Frontier
    http://www.geocities.com/gandalfofborg25/index.html

God I hope not Gandolf,
    I like Mongoose stuff, their B5 game is pretty good for D20. But like some of the posters stated I don't need another ersion of ST. This will be the second time I've been waiting for a klingon supplement and then have the game line fold. *sigh*
    I will pass on yet another D20 game (If that's what it is).
    This is all very ironic if the rumors were true and Decipher was trying to compete with WoTC for sales, but in the end they either sell/license the rights to a D20 publisher.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

I would have to agree with that sentiment.

Let's pray there's no truth in these rumours - not only do i need/want another ST RPG, but Mongoose Publishing....?

They are renowned for rushing out products that are full of misprints/errors (Conan d20 in it's first edition was virtually unplayable) and light on content.

Please, God, no....

Interesting Development Brewing?

I hope the rumor is also incorrect. If it is true, the only way I buy any further Star Trek material is for Mongoose to keep the Coda System. I have finally been able to hook my group on Coda Trek and They love the system. I will NEVER run a D20 Trek!! I, as well as my group, are completely burned out on the D20 system.

-- A note to GOB -- I recently had the BSR printed and bound. It cost $27 but it was a wise investment. I use the BSR on a weekly sometimes daily basis. I run a Indiana Jones(ish) game twice a month and the BSR is our holy grail!!

Hail GOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doc

Dammit Jim, I'm a Tuba Player, Not a .....!!!!!!

Well........I'm pleased I didn't waste money on Decipher's Trek books. As far as I'm concerned, they can all rot in Hell.

Actually, I hope Decipher goes bust for their atrocities towards RPG's.
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Awesome I'm very glad to see that youre getting you money's worth from it. I must say it has been one of the funnest projects Ive done.

Just to let you and everyone else know that there is an update to come concerning vehicle creation.

I have to be in the "I hope not" camp as well.

IMO (admittedly B5 is the only one I'm really familiar with) Mongoose seems to do great work, with dedicated writers, then ruin it with errors and typos, and far too much expensive splat. I'd love to pick up the B5 supplements, but at £25 (now nearly $50 US) a pop, it's just too expensive

Coda covered everything I need, so I'll try to ignore...
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

Matt Sprange at Mongoose posted that this was a false rumour unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityDoctor
    Matt Sprange at Mongoose posted that this was a false rumour unfortunately.
    Oh, good. I dislike Mongoose for the most part and, despite liking the d20 system, I don't want to see Star Trek go that way. I like CODA and want to see Star Trek continue in that system.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezri's Toy
    Oh, good. I dislike Mongoose for the most part and, despite liking the d20 system, I don't want to see Star Trek go that way. I like CODA and want to see Star Trek continue in that system.
    Actually, to be fair, Mongoose have done some darn good stuff by tweaking the D20 system. Conan works very well (I'm running a campaign at the minute), so does Babylon 5.

That said, I was hoping that it was going to be a case of Mongoose picking up where Decipher left off and taking over the publishing/development duties for CODA. (They DO have non-D20 games - Paranoia XP for instance..actually, that may be the only one..)

While the rumor was false, this was posted on RPG.net...

I'm glad Matt confirmed the rumor is false. I talked to Decipher today and they also told me the same thing, but I'm currently bound under an NDA regarding discussing details of licensing when other negotiations were pending. I can say that based upon what I was told today, CODA fans will be pleased with the news that will be released this year from Decipher regarding the license. There is hope for the future of the game.
    www.d20zines.com

So... curiouser and curiouser, said Alice...

Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

It's Decipher. I'll believe it when I see it...and maybe not even then.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Your all wasting your time. . .one day ICON will be back! You'll see!
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    Your all wasting your time. . .one day ICON will be back! You'll see!
    *chuckle* Thanks, that's first decent grin I've had all day since this blizzard hit.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."