Thread: Decipher rpg division?

Decipher rpg division?

One of the many questions I have for Decipher is Who's heading up their new rpg division? If anyone.... I mean if they are rolling out the LOTR stuff again wouldn't it make sense to rebuild that division to handle the roll out? I would like to see both ST and LOTR become a viable line again. I'm just not too sure Decipher doesn't want to make a fast buck from us and run for the hills and never look back again.

BA

Who Cares?

The way I see it is who cares? If Decipher comes out and publishes just the books they had in pre-production and then run for the hills, I will be just fine with that - they finished what they started. Honestly, I do not want a never ending run of books that you get lost in the rules. ::cough... cough... D&D... cough::

No I say, gimme my book on magic and lore, and the Helm's Deep book with new Mass Combat rules and the few others that I saw scheduled, and then I will be happy. I already have enough to play my game and if I need extra information, I have a bountiful source of ICE/MERP stuff - and I also partake in the writing of and reading of the Hall of Fire.

So, no I just want what they have shown us they have produced - after that, we'll see. I probably will continue to buy them for collecting purposes, but either way I am fine.

My two cents...

Tomcat

Quote Originally Posted by Black Adam
    One of the many questions I have for Decipher is Who's heading up their new rpg division? If anyone.... I mean if they are rolling out the LOTR stuff again wouldn't it make sense to rebuild that division to handle the roll out? I would like to see both ST and LOTR become a viable line again. I'm just not too sure Decipher doesn't want to make a fast buck from us and run for the hills and never look back again.
    As far as I know, there is no new RPG division. Most of the products were pretty much ready for the printers--send the file to them and off you go. I'm not sure how much work is required to get the rest of the books up to printable readiness, but I'd like to think they have someone on quality control duty.

I guess we'll see when we get the books.

The way I see it is who cares? If Decipher comes out and publishes just the books they had in pre-production and then run for the hills, I will be just fine with that - they finished what they started. Honestly, I do not want a never ending run of books that you get lost in the rules. ::cough... cough... D&D... cough::
    Gee that is just how I feel.... about gag... D&D. I am delighted to hear that the books are coming out. Amazon here I come. The pity is I wonder how much it costs to send them to urgun, afghanistan. Oh well they will be waiting at home for me when i get back.

LOTR RPGers rejoice for the books of come....
    the roads goes ever on..... so buy a volvo!

"don't tell the elf"-Gimili at the Hornburg LOTR TTT

What about second breakfast?- Pippin, LOTR FOTR

"My precious"- my treo 700 phone/PDA