Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where no film has gone before, and never will!

Somehow I can't see Riker as finally a captain, but I guess he is. Who else belongs on his crew? Mordock? Mendon? Reg? Taurik? Selar? Ogawa?

Kim & the Delaneys? Interesting, was that canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane
    Kim & the Delaneys? Interesting, was that canon?
    Nah. His love life on-screen is miserably pathetic, so I thought I'd give him a happy ending.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

The really sad thing is…

This is the second rumor I’ve heard on a Trek movie. The first (only by split-seconds) was that “They” want to make a sequel for ‘Nemesis’…hmm, wonder if that’d be ‘Nemesis II: The Apology’…probably not; if “They” weren’t sorry for Voy, and aren’t sorry for Ain’t, then an apology from "Them" is the proverbial ‘blood from a stone’ situation…
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Nemesis II: The Apology.

Would that be Braga dressed in traditional white kimono writing his apologetic haiku and then proceed to commit seppukku? I'd pay to watch it.

[image placeholder: devil smiley]

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaru
    A "Star Trek: Titan" would be cool (even as a TV series); a TNG spin-off with Franks and Sirtis as seeds. Personally I would be happy with more post-DW canon material on the TV/Movie screen.
    I'm in full agreement here. You spend years developing the universe in these times and then after essentially fracturing it, you drop it to go all the way back to the technological baby-carriage of Enterprise...leaving everyone wondering about the state of modern times...bah.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    So's VOYAGER. So why are we bringing that up again? Janeway booted out of her Captain's Chair. (Thank goodness!) Maquis are probably pardoned and perhaps given honorable discharge. Chakotay married Seven. Kim and the Delaney Twins eloped on Andoria. Tom Paris left B'Elanna to be a single parent.

Da End!

B&B? Oh, frakkin' joy! Someone castrate me with mek'leth!
    *lol* I can feel your pain and agree that it would be more pleasant than allowing them a crack at continuity.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Nemesis II: The Apology.

Would that be Braga dressed in traditional white kimono writing his apologetic haiku and then proceed to commit seppukku? I'd pay to watch it.

[image placeholder: devil smiley]
    *lol* It could well be worth the price of a movie ticket just to see that.

Regards,
    CKV.

All I'm saying is that if they shelve the "Starfleet Academy" script, they should do an ensemble cast chosen from the three contemporary 24th-century series. Now that Data is gone, Ensign Kim is the new E-E Ops Manager, working alongside Flight Controller Lt. Nog.

And you might as well get used to Riker as the new captain. Patrick Stewart have moved on.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Startrek is a great way to launch your career, if you're actually any good hence Stewart has moved on because he lined up many more movies (though really he probably won't keep doing them too many more years now I imagine - he is officially a pensioner!) - and Frakes... Directs Ok that's harsh, but While Riker may well be ready for the big chair, I can't see Frakes pulling in the audiences or any acclaim like Stewart would.. It would be like making TOS Trek without Kirk...

And Reg.. for that travesty of a lineup i think you should get one of those white robes and a sword...
    Ta Muchly

Patrick Stewart already had a pretty acclaimed career before he came to Trek so I really wouldn't say Trek launched it.

While TOS is definitely not TOS without Kirk, no other series had any characters stand out enough for me to say that this would not be the show without them. I can certainly have my TNG without Picard or Data, my DS9 without Sisko and Voyager would be blessed without Janeway.

Oddly, I think I would have more of a problem if Enterprise lost one of its cast and I do not exactly qualify as a fan of the show.

I could see Frakes easily holding his own either in the theaters or as a series if the people writing it actually had a clue about what they were doing. Would it be change? Certainly. Would the numbers in attendance be lower? Possibly or they could go the exact opposite as I think the Trek fan is not only wanting to see what happened post-DW but they may be willing to give a new direction a chance given that it does have an anchor in one or possibly more series.

Put Nog on the Titan, perhaps Torres and Paris...

Have Janeway tried for War Crimes in the Delta Quadrant and executed, I suspect that would be a draw unto itself.

Regards,
    CKV.

Am I the only Janeway fan on the planet (rhetorical question! ) I thought she made a pretty good captain and get real folks- Chakotay as Captain *wretching sounds* I don't think so!

Of the three TNG series the only first officer I could stand to stand on her own would be Kira Nerys, she's not the best actress in the world but far better than Captain Will *smirk* Riker or the medicine man One of Trek's strengths was always the ham - hamming it up, the dying swan, the ego the size of a starship.. and none of the crew on Enterprise have anything like that. On DS9 you had Kira, Odo, Quark, Dukat and garak - they made watching the show fun because they overacted (in a good way) at every turn.

Stewart could overact with the best of them, and even did it to the audience on a couple of takes, Will just fell flat, Worf and Data were there for the big laughs , and just about everyone else were just plain dull (though i liked many for other reasons) Which also takes us back to the kate Pulaski thread.. she was a great over-actor, it just didn't always quite work but then blame the writers, Diana Muldaur more than over-acted well enough

Sisko just sounded like he was wearing uncomfortable underwear, he didn't impress me with his acting all that much. Clearly they wanted SO HARD for him to be the new (albeit black) Kirk that it ends up failing, like anything where you try too hard!

Despite the fact that both Seven of nine and T'pol were brought in to bring in hormonal teenagers, they both act well, and have great roles (admitedly Jerri Ryan has had a far more consistent character to play - T'pol is probably the most emotional Vulcan in existence ) and they ham it up like nobodies business.

That is the cheese on the bread and butter of Startrek, too much Chese is going to give you gas, but without it all you have is some bland dry old bread, which is when Trek is usually at it's worse.
    Ta Muchly

I actually liked Nemesis a lot.

Possible new Captains: B4, Sisko (he could come back, why not?), Spock (OK, I know, ain't gonna happen), Tuvok (I don't remember for sure if Endgame did anything that would make this unlikely), Worf (sure it's possible), Shelby (for some reason I'd rather it be her than Riker, I honestly don't know why), Emergency Command Hologram, Captain Geordi LaForge, some other character last seen as a Commander or Captain, some completely new character (maybe an alien: Bolian? Vulcan? Trill? Andorian? Atreonid? Centauran? Denobulan? Suliban? Felinoid? Some new race? Nonhumanoid? Medusan?)

I happened to like the Chakotay character, but he's not gonna be a Starfleet captain anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    And Reg.. for that travesty of a lineup i think you should get one of those white robes and a sword...
    Why? For putting them altogether? Stick with familiarity and provide appeal for the fans of the three Trek series. I don't want to see an entirely new actor for the "star" captain role. Patrick Stewart moved on. We don't need to see Janeway anymore. And Sisko is on sabbatical in the Celestial Temple. That leaves Riker.

You can think of a better lineup, by all means go ahead.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

How about Jotaru Sulu, ancestor of Hikaru, who just happens to be the commanding officer in charge of the NX-03 KONGO.

Or a 30th Century series, or 29th, or ancient Vulcan, or ancient Bajor...

If they can't handle the new 24th century tech, just imagine 29th or 30th...