Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where no film has gone before, and never will!

Where no film has gone before, and never will!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/...10/16402.shtml

Oh dear, looks like B&B are not as dead and burried as we thought, and they are trying to make Enterprise the Movie by the looks of it
    Ta Muchly

Well, I like the assurance that "Star Trek will never be totally cancelled." Maybe that's good news for ENT on TV. I'd like to see a DS9 or Voyager movie before an Enterprise movie.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I'd rather see a movie completely different -- none of the casts, save for a minor role or cameo.

I guess it could be good for Trek to never be totally cancelled, although I wouldn't ming Enterprise being cancelled (or changed significantly in tone). I wouldn't even mind if Onscreen Trek dies but Trek computer games, Trek RPGs, other Trek games and Trek reference books continue.

I guess specific possibilities for Voyager movies have been discussed by the fans, but what would they do? Reunite some of the crew for an intentional voyage back to the Delta Quadrant? That sounds good to me.

I like the idea of a movie with a completely or mostly new cast also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane
    I guess it could be good for Trek to never be totally cancelled, although I wouldn't ming Enterprise being cancelled (or changed significantly in tone).
    I take it you're not a fan of Manny Coto. Meh. At least he's ten times better than Braga.

I wouldn't even mind if Onscreen Trek dies but Trek computer games, Trek RPGs, other Trek games and Trek reference books continue.
    Only if you like existing material and not new ones. Otherwise, if it is not on-screen, it is not canon.

I guess specific possibilities for Voyager movies have been discussed by the fans, but what would they do? Reunite some of the crew for an intentional voyage back to the Delta Quadrant? That sounds good to me.

I like the idea of a movie with a completely or mostly new cast also.
    Voyager? Bah. Once again, the middle child (DS9) is being ignored. I'd like a film that feature an ensemble cast of 24th Century Trek figures and not cameos like Admiral Janeway talking to Picard.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I don't think people ignore DS9 so much as... It ended - the end. it's fairly hard to do anything when all of th emajor characters were just about written out. no more Dukat, Sisko sailed into the west to live with the elves, Worf forgot he worked there, and went to work on the Enterprise and ODO went to live with his people in the Gama quadrant, so most of the main characters are dead or gone, and the story wrapped up. The only people we have to work with are Quark and Rom (who again left Starfleet presumably as grand Nagus' generally aren't grease monkeys) Nog, Kira and the insufferably annoying Bashir - oh and of course Morn

Voyager had a lesser major ark, because almost everyone lived and they came home with 324 new forms of warp drive ready to field test there were several story arks in Voyager that could cause the crew to get back together and have to journey back to the Delta Quadrant to deal with.. i just hope it's not the Borg.. again (and I hope they brush the admiral pips and the mightly morphing power armour under the carpet.. perhaps if they set B&B on to the continuity? )
    Ta Muchly

Well what i'd like is a movie in the 24th century with a brand new cast with maybe a guest or two.
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

No, I definitely want to have a return of the TNG crew. That does not mean that there should be no characters of the other TNG-era series in it, but I do not like the idea of an Enterprise movie before the series as such is finished.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I thought the TNG series of films had finished? I thought that was more or less signified by the death of Data and the fact that they all say "NO MORE" of course they said that the last time

If we have another TNG film I'd like it if they used the ensemble cast AS cast, and notwalk on bit parts, there was an embarasingly poor use of the cast in Nemisis, and they cut almost all the scenes written for them!

I really don't see a Film with an all new cast period. It is never going to happen, because of the above (link) reasons, Paramount have to use the one thing Trek has over everything else - recognisability - a film like Nemesis would have been straight to video had it not been a Startrek film, but t was the recognition factor which brought in the audience: Which for me is why it would be hard to make a Voyager OR Deep space 9 - yes many episodes of DS9 were some of the best in the whole run, as with Voyager BUT the cast really only work as an ensemble, there are few characters you could Isolate out and build a show around. The Original series crew could ham it up like nobodies business, they had fantastic big-screen presence, and Patrick Stweart has a fantastc big screen presence, but can you really see Sisko or Janeway on the big screen. For me they are good TV actors, but I can't percieve anything more.
    Ta Muchly

I have nothing against Manny Coto, certainly not anything more than I have against any other Enterprise writers. He is doing some cool stuff. But from what I've seen of the current season, there are things I don't like that have continued from the previous seasons.

I guess there could be a DS9 movie with some minor characters "promoted" to main characters to fill the slots left by people who were basically written out. Or it could be a DS9 movie in the sense that it continues the DS9 story, focusing on Bajor, Cardassia, the Ferengi, and/ or the Gamma Quadrant. Maybe send a large portion of the Voyager crew on a long voyage across the Gamma Quadrant, or combine Voy with DS9 by stranding a new crew there. Maybe we could have a movie with Odo as a villain! It would seem possible to bring Ben back.

Rom? In Starfleet? Not just Nog? I thought I remembered Rom in a Bajoran uniform, but not a Starfleet one.

I guess we could use the joke I've posted before and have Star Trek: Where Everybody Knows Your Name. That would be a use for Morn.

Maybe Captain Boday should be the star.

As for Voyager voyaging back to Delta, maybe they'd go to build a Federation Starbase, maybe near where Neelix ended up or in the middle of the Kazon/ Vidiian/ Haakonian area, such as to replace the Caretaker Array in the Ocampa system. Maybe they'd just go back to establish formal relations with someone there or to just get an update of what's going on there.

I think the Sisko actor could manage a movie, but I can see why Mulgrew might not belong there.

Yes technically Rom didn't have a Starfleet uniform, but he worked for Starfleet - he designed the self replicating mines and he stayed on the station after the occupation undermining the Dominion efforts, ok so maybe he didn't have the shiny commbadge, but he was definatelly one of the key figures in the war, there wasn't a key member of the cast that in some way didn't contribute hugelly to the war!

Morn is an anogram of Norm, the writers placed that as a deliberate joke

A Delta Quadrant base would be cool, but if they do that then they'd have to basically put their hands up and give Starfleet transwarp drives 9or one of the flavours) which i think they are reluctant to do, and it's really the prime reason why they couldn't think what to do next, because technology like that changes the context of the show somewhat! If you can fly for 3 weeks from the Alpha to Delta quadrant, using a Slipstream drive, then you can practically jump system to system locally! That in and of it's self could provoke an arms race!
    Ta Muchly

The joke I was talking about was a fully fleshed out cast for a star trek cantina or something, maybe a bar on a starbase. I originally posted it in the middle of one thread and later gave it its own thread, quite a while ago.

The obvious extrapolation from your transwarp drive comments is that they could send a ship (Voyager?) to another galaxy. Would they be brave enough to go to Andromeda?

I had always wished they had done somthing (film or t.v.) with Sulu and the crew of the Exclesior. As for what is in the works, I was under the impression that the movies would follow the adventures of Riker and his new command with minor characters from TNG filling in the junior officer spots (Shelby as XO, ect.). Of course that may have been just the direction someone would like the movies to take and not really the plan.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

A "Star Trek: Titan" would be cool (even as a TV series); a TNG spin-off with Franks and Sirtis as seeds. Personally I would be happy with more post-DW canon material on the TV/Movie screen.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    I don't think people ignore DS9 so much as... It ended - the end.
    So's VOYAGER. So why are we bringing that up again? Janeway booted out of her Captain's Chair. (Thank goodness!) Maquis are probably pardoned and perhaps given honorable discharge. Chakotay married Seven. Kim and the Delaney Twins eloped on Andoria. Tom Paris left B'Elanna to be a single parent.

Da End!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Voyager had a lesser major ark, because almost everyone lived and they came home with 324 new forms of warp drive ready to field test there were several story arks in Voyager that could cause the crew to get back together and have to journey back to the Delta Quadrant to deal with.. i just hope it's not the Borg.. again (and I hope they brush the admiral pips and the mightly morphing power armour under the carpet.. perhaps if they set B&B on to the continuity? )
    B&B? Oh, frakkin' joy! Someone castrate me with mek'leth!
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer