Thread: Linda Park and Grace Park

Linda Park and Grace Park

Need a little help here, some thing that I noticed watching TV last night.

Linda Park portrays Hoshi Sato on Enterprise
    Grace Park portrays Sharon "Boomer" Valerii on Battlestar Galactica

Just wondering if these two actresses might be related or if this is just a strange coinsidence. I can't seem to find any thing, eather way, on the Net.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Well, both are Korean, but since "Park" is the Korean equivalent to "Smith" or "Jones" and the two women don't particularly resemble each other.

Checking the web, Linda was born in Korea in 1978 and raised in San Jose, California. Grace was born in Los Angeles in 1980. No indication when Linda's family moved, but since San Jose is nowhere near Los Angeles, and since none of the fan sites have indicated any relationship - they would if there was one, y'know - I'd have to say that no, they probably aren't related. Sorry, no cigar.

From what I've read (can't quote the sources), one of the two actresses birth names (Linda's, I believe) is the very common Korean name Pak (no 'R') while the other's birth name actually is Park.

Until very recently (like the past 200 years), asian names didn't follow the same older hereditary conventions as European names; In general, for the most part, an asian surname indicated one's home village, town, or city. So, a person named Wu wouldn't necessarily have a blood / genetic relation to another person named Wu.

(European names also used to follow the same or similar conventions; i.e. where people's surnames would be their home areas [Westphal, aka von Westphal] or their professions [Cooper, Fletcher, Tanner, etc.]; But, they began the tradition of passing on surnames by heredity earlier.)
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

According to http://www.perfectpeople.net/biopage.php3/cid=1227 Linda's birth name is indeed Park, not Pak.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton
    According to http://www.perfectpeople.net/biopage.php3/cid=1227 Linda's birth name is indeed Park, not Pak.
    Could be. But I trust that web site about as far as I can throw my computer.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezri's Toy
    Could be. But I trust that web site about as far as I can throw my computer.
    Your not using a lap top are you?
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"