Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Moore Charts Galactica's Future

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mappin
    On, BSG, I really like it. Like Aslan I tried not to but couldn't resist... I love the interplay between Baltar and the cylon, and I'm not talking sexual. The only big annoyance with me is Boomer. I hate that character. Every minute she's on the screen the show dips in quality. Her acting is poor (IMO), she's uninteresting, and blowing the bit about her being a cylon -- in the PILOT! -- is mind-blowing. The sooner they find out she's a cylon and blow her away, the better.
    ..So I'm taking it you haven't seen the last 2 epsiodes then? hehe Ok that doesn't happen exactly.. i won't say any more, but it is damn cool!

I'm still not sure about Dr. Who.. I just don't know if you can ever put the genie back in the bottle!.. just look at Aladin 2 - straight to video
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    ..So I'm taking it you haven't seen the last 2 epsiodes then? hehe Ok that doesn't happen exactly.. i won't say any more, but it is damn cool!
    The finale was awesome - although I'm still not sure whether it was better than FarScape PKW.

Thumbs-up for the sfx guys - first time I've ever seen a convincing nuclear explosion in zero-g. It was wonderful to not get the "ILM horizontal shockwave" effect!

Oh and a belated comment on the myth debate? Try the original exodus for size - it fits the looping history theory as well!
    Jon

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea is asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
    Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
    THE DOCTOR, "Survival" (Doctor Who)

I can only cope with BSG MK II if I imagine it is an alternate dimension.. I in now way want the two stories to intersect on any level.. It would remind me of what they did.. i'd just rather enjoy it for what it is in isolation, with some cheeky hommage thrown in
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    I can only cope with BSG MK II if I imagine it is an alternate dimension.. I in now way want the two stories to intersect on any level.. It would remind me of what they did.. i'd just rather enjoy it for what it is in isolation, with some cheeky hommage thrown in
    ???

I don't think they are. They're light-years apart.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Imagus
    Thumbs-up for the sfx guys - first time I've ever seen a convincing nuclear explosion in zero-g. It was wonderful to not get the "ILM horizontal shockwave" effect!

They're the same guys who did the SFX for Firefly, who gave us shakycam and lensflares in CGI. Would you expect less?
    I don't care if you're a scientist or the captain of a garbage scow assigned to Ruh'ra Pente- you don't wait until your shields are mostly gone to start shooting back. If your enemy has already started hurling subatomic death at you, descression has ceased to be the better part of valor!

I saw the finale right after it aired in the UK (thank you bittorrent) and have to say I did not see it coming.

As for Farscape PKW, it was fun, but it really did feel like I was watching a fast synopsis of season 5. I kinda wished they had held out for it... or something, instead of the rush job we got there.

IMHO BSG was better, but only by a slight margin.

I like the show, for the most part (is it just me, or were the Cylons who programmed Boomer really stoopid?), but I wish they had called it something else. I feel really creepy lusting after someone named Starbuck...