Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moore Charts Galactica's Future

Moore Charts Galactica's Future

Since we're on the subject.... From Moore's blog on the Battlestar Galactica homepage on the first BG episode, "33":

http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/

I suppose I could've come up with a sufficiently important-sounding bit of technobabble that would've made sense (you see, the Cylon double-talk sensors tracking the Olympic Carrier's nonsense drive signature needed 15 minutes to relay the made-up data wave through the pretend continuum, then the Cylon navigational hyper silly system needed another 10 minutes to recalculate the flux capacitor, etc.) but what would that have really added to the drama?

Amen!

In my opinion, Battlestar Galactica is the new standard in science fiction television. In fact, it is now just about the only TV show I go a little out of my way to see....that and A&E's MI-5.

Let me say this, I am willing to buy a TV Card for my Computer so I can record ONLY this show!

So far I have liked it even though this a departure of the original series. So far the Miniseries and the two episodes that were the premiere 33 and Water both have been great and nail bitting. I seem not to be the only one who thought so as BG's ratings were higher than most shows in the timeslot that Friday.

Galactica was also SCI FI's highest-rated first-quarter series telecast ever and its second highest-rated series telecast ever, behind only Stargate Atlantis' series premiere in summer 2004.

Galactica delivered 2.2 million viewers aged 25-54 and 1.9 million among those aged 18-49. The show won a decisive victory over UPN's Star Trek: Enterprise, outperforming its new episode in total viewers, among adults 25-54 (2.2 million vs. 1.7 million) and 18-49 (1.9 million vs. 1.5 million). Among men 25-54, Galactica delivered 1.5 million viewers, beating 16 of the top 20 programs on the six broadcast networks, including CSI: Miami, JAG and Fox's premiere of Jonny Zero.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30212

This could be a new Era of sci fi.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Well. We get the series finale next week over here in the UK. And I can promise you... This thing gets better and better.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden
    Well. We get the series finale next week over here in the UK. And I can promise you... This thing gets better and better.
    To the US, a "series finale" means the end of the show's run, period. One can hope you actually mean "season finale."
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Actually having seen it, I dunno, something about the new Galactica rubs me the wrong way.....not sure what it is.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

As a BIG supporter of the original, I didn't want to like this show.

Boy did I lose that battle of wills.

I have dled all the eps up to current with UK viewers (ep12) and I love this show.... I mean love it.

I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong.

I also live in the city where it is shot and am a professional actor... here's to hoping it gets another season and I can get an audition

Again, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    To the US, a "series finale" means the end of the show's run, period. One can hope you actually mean "season finale."
    I know I read an article that said Moore is working on Second Season already. Need to find it.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    Actually having seen it, I dunno, something about the new Galactica rubs me the wrong way.....not sure what it is.
    Too dark? Too grim? Corded telephone system in a 20-year-old yet FTL-capable Battlestar?

Oh, I know! You missed the robotic Dagget. Aww. Wanna hug?

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Well I will be the lone voice in the wilderness of darkness. So far very little has impressed me with this new version.

I won't say I blatantly hate it but I prefer the original series and believe Richard Hatch would have honored the origins of the show far better.

But to each their own.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Oh, I know! You missed the robotic Dagget. Aww. Wanna hug?
    Dagget needed to be blown out the nearest Air lock as far as I am concerned, he was their version of the Ewok of Star Wars fame (which I thought weren't a great species, but they spoke Tagalog for God sakes! and then, daggone Old man Lucas had to change that in the new DVD Box set! Oh they horror! (don't mind me, mini rant)). But that doesn't mean I don't treasure my old time BG . . . the sad thing though is that the BG Movie, sucked, IMHO. I remember renting it, and seeing how bad it was compared to the series. -shakes head- *sigh*

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    Dagget needed to be blown out the nearest Air lock as far as I am concerned,
    At least Capt. K. Vaughn liked Dagget, and everything else in the original. I have to admit, the new series is a lot darker, more grimmer, much more real and relatable -- because that would have been my reaction to a tragic event -- whereas the original is a bit more hopeful and biblical like Moses and the Israelites.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I loved the original version, it's a camp classic, and it's such a shame that the people who made this didn't reinvent it as .. something new that simply used the premise they have here, instead of bolting to the story (So very badly) on to the original. I think the new show is absolutelly superb, with gripping storylines and a complex background, I just wish they could have figured out a way to call it something else!

The one thing that does rub me up the wrong way is the similarity between everything in Galactica to.. America. The original made great efforts to change things, little words, like having cubits for currency, or those eponymous six sided cards.. they were human but you could imagine them being a branch from an ancient people.. it just feels a little too dumbed down. Every time I hear Roselyn say "Articles of colonisation" you can almost hear her say "Declaration of independance".

The one thing I do like, however, is their polytheism (though they, I noticed, only recently remembered to say 'gods, instead of god ), and how the robots only believe in one god.. it creates allot of tension and flips it allround so you're never really sure who's right and what their motivations are. I also love how you just don't get the Silons.. what are those agents trying to do.. what is their true motivation.. intreaguing..
    Ta Muchly

Zounds...do I detect the siren call of nationalism? Thought Europeans were above that....

Anywho, TNG does the same thing, the way it portrays an optimistic vision of the future...in which all Frenchmen speak the Queen's English.