Thread: Decipher Trek Update?

Question Decipher Trek Update?

Would I be exercizing my Bold Trait again if I asked how things are coming? Everything on schedule? What part of August was supposed to be the release date? Ready to leak a few new random details of content?

------------------
    The Trekkie Formerly Known As Surak, AKA The Coch, Humble Creator of the Bwuutut and Mensaeans, Aba and Zwickau, and the Perseus Federation, Guy Who Still Hasn't Actually Played The Game, And Who Finally Decided To Use A Signature.

Lightbulb

I’m planning another write-up shortly that will go into more details after much of the system has solidified (thanks to the playtest). Depending on length I may or may not touch upon the product schedule that has been approved.

The third installment (probably in another 30-60 days) will focus on the GM’s Book, such as the species included, elite professions, and starship combat.

This is all dependent upon Christian’s approval, of course. I don’t see that as a problem as there is a vested interest in keeping everyone informed about the game.

------------------

Arrow

I'm hoping for a sneak preview of the rules system that will power both Star Trek and Lord of the Rings RPG. Perhaps a free fast-play game coming out in the middle of the summer?

Hmm, this is going to be interesting. A core rule system that is suitable for both high (dare I say, epic) fantasy and human adventure sci-fi genres.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

Lightbulb

I think the plan was to have fast-play rules available by Gen Con so as to demo the game and hand out demo booklets. (Probably a PDF download as well.)

Don’t quote me on the format or timeframe – I just remember the topic of fast-play rules being planned.

------------------