Thread: Journals

Journals

Why isn't there a forum for Adventure Journals or somesuch here? I'd like to read the exploits of other crews, and some creative writers make some very good fiction out of their games. Plus it would be a great way to see how things are going in other GM's games (for ideas, compare/contrast styles, etc).

Good question. Some seem to already have a site for their campaigns. Previous managment wanted to keep forums to a limited number and the Narrator's Ready Room forum seems to cover campaign journals concept.

Discussion within the Development Team touch on using blogs (for this purpose) tied to the Content Management System to increase traffic, stickiness and content submited. The counter argument is there are already places to get free blogs or websites on the internet and the blog might be easily abandoned.

I will put in a word with the Development Team regarding your request. It would help if there was a few journal threads already going.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Having just finished reading the entire 67 pages of the Narrators' Forum yesterday, I can say that I have seen Journal type postings scattered about. There were a large number that just stopped in to mention a single night's gaming, but there were a small number that went through several weeks of games, or provided updates in different posts.

My first preference is a Campaign Journals Forum. My second preference is for someone to create a sticky with links to all the Campaign Journal type postings in the Narrators' Forum. It's not as good of a solution, but it will work for now. I really like this site and it has a good organization. I don't think one more, focused forum would hurt the appeal of the board....