Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (ENTERPRISE SPOILER) Pics from upcoming episode

Cool (ENTERPRISE SPOILER) Pics from upcoming episode

Spoilers here... go away if you don't want to see...

OK, Go HERE to see photos of the USS Defiant as it appears on an upcoming ep. of ENT.

I thought that this was very, very cool. Put those sets together with modern set-building techniques, and, AFAIC, they STILL look good!
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Very nice.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Has anybody been able to decipher the builder's plaque in the last pic? I can just make out "USS Defiant" and "Constitution Class", but I can't read the dedication quote at the bottom.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

I seem to have missed the pics......Anyone have them?
    Old Age And Treachery Will Triumph Over Youth And Skill

Looks interesting they have done this before on TNG's Relics, but I have to say good work. Will it make me want to see the Episode not really. But good job for special effects on Trek, but special effects does not just make the show for me.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Well, no. The pic you were looking at was a place holder. They only had the pics up for a limited time. (And, yes, I missed them too.)

I was curious as to whether they showed the interior, exterior, or both of the Constitution class Defiant. It'll be interesting how they stay faithful to the original design yet update it to modern SFX standards.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

How are they introducing a design 90 years ahead of it's supposed launch?? *sigh* Coto seems determined to pay homage to TOS by screwing it over
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Thumbs down In the words of Jack...

"You want 'the truth'...You can't handle 'the truth"

Get ready to hold yer noses:
    http://www.trektoday.com/news/260105_01.shtml

Ice Giant, to answer your question: The same way "They" can have a ship that basically looks like a ship roughly TWO CENTURYS before it's time (no I DON"T buy that "It only looks like an Akira at ONE ANGLE"...hey, ignoring the positioning of the nacelles, it looks like an Akira at EVERY ANGLE...not to mention an energy-based deflection array, instead of a 'satillite dish'...but I digress)

IS THIS SHOW DONE YET!!!
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

The pictures recreated an extremelly realistic TOS set, down to the last wall pannel, representing the USS Defiant - the ship that was lost in the Tholian 'interphase' in a TOS episode (forget which one ).

Unlike Relics, this was a thorough set, not a back wall

They are *NOT* introducing the design 90 years ahead of time, it was pulled into the past via the Interphase (apparently), so fear not, no akiraprise MKII, this is the original Defiant!

there were no external VFX shots shown no.
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    The pictures recreated an extremelly realistic TOS set, down to the last wall pannel, representing the USS Defiant - the ship that was lost in the Tholian 'interphase' in a TOS episode (forget which one ).

Unlike Relics, this was a thorough set, not a back wall

They are *NOT* introducing the design 90 years ahead of time, it was pulled into the past via the Interphase (apparently), so fear not, no akiraprise MKII, this is the original Defiant!

there were no external VFX shots shown no.
    Correct on all counts.

In addition, the Defiant is thrown into the Mirror Universe, during the Ent. timeframe. Apparently the whole ep. will take place in the Mirror Universe... the ep. will even have "Mirror" titles at the beginning!

Sounds like fun.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

It would be fascinating (as an intelectual excercise only!) to know what could happen to the timeline if the Defiant had gone into the regular past, and stayed there, radically upgrading Earths (or someone elses) technology. The Constitution class was massivelly faster, better shielded, and more well armed - and coud fry the Akiraprise in a heartbeat.... *evil thoughts* hehe
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Modem

Ice Giant, to answer your question: The same way "They" can have a ship that basically looks like a ship roughly TWO CENTURYS before it's time (no I DON"T buy that "It only looks like an Akira at ONE ANGLE"...hey, ignoring the positioning of the nacelles, it looks like an Akira at EVERY ANGLE...not to mention an energy-based deflection array, instead of a 'satillite dish'...but I digress)

IS THIS SHOW DONE YET!!!
    *Double sigh* It's just as bad as If they introduced it early. The mirror universe starts in enterprise now as opposed to TOS. Looks like they are taking all the "firsts" from TOS and retooling them for enterprise. I had some hope this season was watchable, as augments wans't bad but seeing what's coming up I just hope the rumors are true and they cancel it and give the franchise a break.

And did anyone read the blurb about the episode "bound" they are mentioning the "Gorn Hegenomy". I am really tired of the way they are skirting "canon".
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Quote Originally Posted by Modem

Out of curiosity, what's far fetched about this explanation? In "The Tholian Web", the Defiant was caught in interphase, but when the Enterprise and Tholians battled, the energy usage hurled the ship out of interphase (or whatever universe they were trapped in) to somewhere else? Why is the Mirror Universe any less likely than anywhere else?

You're entitled to not like the show, but there's nothing off canon about this premise, and I suspect you're allowing your dislike of the show to prejudice you. Enterprise isn't my favorite of the series, either -- but let's not leap to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant
    The mirror universe starts in enterprise now as opposed to TOS. Looks like they are taking all the "firsts" from TOS and retooling them for enterprise.
    Nothing canon at all claims the Mirror Universe came into existence as a result of the events in "Mirror, Mirror". And nothing in DS9 says that, either. So, if you are suggesting that the Mirror Universe didn't exist until "Mirror, Mirror", on what do you base this?

Now, if you're suggesting that this episode might be unoriginal, well, judging by the last two, you might be onto something. I'm still willing to give it a look before I assume that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by IceGiant
    And did anyone read the blurb about the episode "bound" they are mentioning the "Gorn Hegenomy". I am really tired of the way they are skirting "canon".
    I read that Coto thought a Gorn might make in interesting horror-spin episode, in the same fashion as "Alien", without anyone ever realizing what it was. But that's all I read. Again, I'll wait and see.

So far, this season has been inconsistent in quality; it got off to a pretty good start, but has diminished a bit in recent weeks. So far, it's not as good as last season (which had its share of stinkers) -- but as of this moment, Enterprise still rates above Voyager on my ranking.

This show can't die soon enough...

Nothing worse than bad Star Trek being blasted out week after week.