View Poll Results: Is Battlestar Galactica the end of Enterprise?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlestar Galactica is the deathblow of Enterprise?

5 16.13%
  • Enterprise the deathblow of Battlestar Galactica?

0 0%
  • Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica will both continue!

22 70.97%
  • <joke> Sponge Bob Squirepants is the deathblow to Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica!

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is BSG the Deathblow to Enterprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezri's Toy
    Even so, it still wouldn't have the fan base Star Trek has.
    I've actually been flamed because I prefer B5 to the last three incarnations of Trek. So I know that Trek does still have a zealous fan base but is it really significantly bigger? It may have been at one time. Who knows now?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187
    ENT kind of feels like methodone -- it's there for the Trek addict,
    Really? A year ago, ENT (as well as the latter portion of VOY) felt more like a detox treatment.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak
    Why is there no option for Battlestar Galactica sucks ass and will die after 1 season?
    ... because we're all supposed to buy a one sided view, instead of a ballanced poll.
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    ... because we're all supposed to buy a one sided view, instead of a ballanced poll.
    Well, with such erudite arguments as those, no poll option was necessary...

Why is there no option for "Battlestar Galactica sucks ass and will die after 1 season"?
    Because there is no option for "ENTERPRISE sucks ass and will die after the "Broken Bow" episode."

But as long as B&B remains the head of the Trek franchise, it will die.

Have a nice day!

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

This poll is pointless and stupid. I don't really need to explain why, and given the hot heads in another thread I shall just say this. What's the point of an eriudite response to a brainless poll?
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Because there is no option for "ENTERPRISE sucks ass and will die after the "Broken Bow" episode."

But as long as B&B remains the head of the Trek franchise, it will die.

Have a nice day!

I agree, Berman has killed the Franchise. Enterprise, just like Voyager, had the potential to be a fantastic series, unfortunately, we got Berman running things.

How about an option that says, if they fire Berman, give Star Trek another chance?

Why is there no option for Battlestar Galactica sucks ass and will die after 1 season?
    Because nothing says as REG says Enterprise sucks @$$ and will die after season 1.
    I am not bad mouthing Enterprise here or BSG what I want to see if you preffer one over the other, the same, or not at all. That is all the questions say: Look at them.

If you do not like the poll don't vote. Everytime someone keeps saying this is a stupid poll over and over again is that posters waste of time. Places I do not like I do not post...
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

How about an option that says, if they fire Berman, give Star Trek another chance?
    Hah! That's not a complete solution. Add Braga to the statement, and I'm onboard.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

i find this thread to be somewhat of a incitement to flamewars.. As if it actually matters what we think, wether either shows survive will not be down to us, not because they broke out the giant cotton buds and began a slugfest, and invited all the fanboys.

*Sigh*

i just hope the moderators keep watching, things SURE are getting ugly round here *looks at no one in particular... honest*
    Ta Muchly

Talking

If you are referring to me flaming Berman & Braga, then yes, I'm guilty.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    If you are referring to me flaming Berman & Braga, then yes, I'm guilty.

Me too!

This poll is pointless and stupid. I don't really need to explain why, and given the hot heads in another thread I shall just say this. What's the point of an eriudite response to a brainless poll?
    C'mon, you can do it. Seen you do it elsewhere. In that case, I take your arguments more seriously.

And no, that's not something you need care about. It just defines how I react in various contexts.

That being said, perhaps its time to bail on these "general chat" threads....sometimes it's best to not talk amongst fools, lest people be unable to tell the difference....

Quote Originally Posted by jkp1187
    That being said, perhaps its time to bail on these "general chat" threads....sometimes it's best to not talk amongst fools, lest people be unable to tell the difference....
    Perzackerly

Creating threads like this untilatelly lead to fanboy wars.. "Which is best Starwars or Startrek" .. you might as well just dip yourself in blood and go swimming with sharks.. It's been done.. TO DEATH. Sorry for all those newbies who haven't been round in the spin cycle and want to experience it's giddying joy ride, but in reality it's more like throwing yourself round in a cheese grater while being strangled by your grandmas extra large knickers.. Thoroughly unpleasant!

The reality of the situation is NO, The shows will not impact on one another because unlike the simulation people this thread deals with I actually watch MANY Scifi's all in the SAME WEEK - SHOCK HORROR! I do not turn on the TV and say "Hey these special effects* are so much better than show X, so I will ditch show X and watch this new show Y".. or all all of you guys SCIFI programmes all in the same timeslot? (*Insert other reason) There is hardly ever the hard choice for me of which to chose from because they are extremelly rarelly on at the same time.

If I like something I watch it, if I don't I don't, there isn't another way to watch TV, So I don't know how this poll can make any sense!
    Ta Muchly

If I like something I watch it, if I don't I don't, there isn't another way to watch TV, So I don't know how this poll can make any sense!
    Maybe it's not supposed to make sense. Then again, it should be a wake-up call to the Trek franchise, either they step up their flow of creative juice into the show's production, or let Les Moonves find another show to take over its remaining timeslot...

...Like another reality show. Which BTW, T'lara, is a more profitable and less expensive TV production. The actors are not paid actors, merely contestants from "all walks of life." And you don't need to keep them for more than one season, thus eliminating their need to negotiate a pay raise. It won't be long before they show them in your local movie theater.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan