View Poll Results: Is Battlestar Galactica the end of Enterprise?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlestar Galactica is the deathblow of Enterprise?

5 16.13%
  • Enterprise the deathblow of Battlestar Galactica?

0 0%
  • Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica will both continue!

22 70.97%
  • <joke> Sponge Bob Squirepants is the deathblow to Enterprise and Battlestar Galactica!

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is BSG the Deathblow to Enterprise?

Is BSG the Deathblow to Enterprise?

OK here is the Question:
    Is Battlestar Galactica the end of Enterprise?
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

My Vote:

This is a stupid poll !

Hmm doesn't seem to be an option?
    Ta Muchly

Still unclear. The BSG episodes I've seen so far, which admittedly is only three, are long on characterization, and short on action. It remains to be seen whether or not that can carry the show, but when characterization is the important facet, then characterization had best be done deftly. Also, I fear they're going to get themselves in trouble with the Cylon duplicates, by confusing casual viewers, who won't readily understand why the same person appears to be in the Battlestar and on occupied Caprica. In addition, they've established a number of subplots and arcs that will have to be played out, or at least significantly advanced -- the trouble with subplots is when they fall by the wayside, and then get resurrected later and go in a direction other than the original plan.

I think as a *general* rule, the BSG fan won't like Enterprise, and the Enterprise fan will find BSG plodding. As a *general* rule. Which I break, since I happen to like both shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    My Vote:

This is a stupid poll !

Hmm doesn't seem to be an option?
    Considering BSG ate Enterprise's ratings here in the states it is a good question. Then ask it after the run.

Idea here. See what people think now and see if it remains the same when the season finale is done. Not dumb, see if people will change their minds.

People posted Polls here after the 3rd Episode of Enterprise's Season 1 and asked the same thing I am here. So I am asking it. Like it or not it is a good one.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Quote Originally Posted by T'lara
    Considering BSG ate Enterprise's ratings here in the states it is a good question. Then ask it after the run.

Ate? by only a fraction...

Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

For the longest time, it was said that Babylon 5 was the new standard in TV SF and Star Trek needed to make room for the new guy. Then came Farscape and now the new Battlestar Galactica.

Though it still has a loyal fan base, Babylon 5's star has faded a bit and Star Trek's still here.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezri's Toy
    Though it still has a loyal fan base, Babylon 5's star has faded a bit and Star Trek's still here.
    Barely. A season ago, Star Trek was on life support, and I'm there urging to pull the plug.

If a new B5 series is launched -- without SCI-FI "suits" interfering with the process like they did with Earthsea -- it could recapture the glimmer.

Maybe they should move the show back to its original night (Wednesday), because frankly, I hate crappy reality shows and this Missy Elliot thing is too stoopid for me to matter. And this Missy Elliot? Compared to Queen Latifah, she's bugly.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

While I think that BSG is far superior to Enterprise, I don't think that BSG threatens Enterprise. Watching both shows is not a major problem after all! I wouldn't like Enterprise to be cancelled because I like its 'Star Trekian' upbeat attitude, as opposed to BSG's grim mood. Enterprise has a LOT of great potential just waiting there to be exploited.
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Cadet
    Ate? by only a fraction...

Enterprise is a Network show. BSG is not. Why the National Press and other places were suprised. Ratings like that on a pay channel for a show a rare. Ratings like Enterprise gets are not for a low low ranking show.
    Hey my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Plissken
    While I think that BSG is far superior to Enterprise, I don't think that BSG threatens Enterprise. Watching both shows is not a major problem after all! I wouldn't like Enterprise to be cancelled because I like its 'Star Trekian' upbeat attitude, as opposed to BSG's grim mood. Enterprise has a LOT of great potential just waiting there to be exploited.
    Exactly why the 3rd option is there. To see who supports what. So far most people think both will prevail. This is all I was looking for was people's opinions not defending their show saying this poll is stupid or what not. When BSG ends it's season if Enterprise is not cancelled by then (a rumor that has gone on for years) then yes I am going to post this again and see what the rest of us think by then.
    Hey my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Barely. A season ago, Star Trek was on life support, and I'm there urging to pull the plug.

If a new B5 series is launched -- without SCI-FI "suits" interfering with the process like they did with Earthsea -- it could recapture the glimmer. . .
    Even so, it still wouldn't have the fan base Star Trek has.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Even so, it still wouldn't have the fan base Star Trek has.
    Is that kinda like ... hehehe ... if new Star Trek RPG products are released and the line revived, it still wouldn't have the fanbase D&D has?

Hehehe.

Seriously, B5 still have a cult following, just as Star Trek had since the cancellation of TOS up until the release of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Footnote: Had a sale at my FLGS, and they were offering RPG bundles. For $25 (US), I could buy a 14-book Babylon 5 RPG bundle or Decipher's Star Trek RPG bundle (about 5 books). I picked the former.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

I don't think that BSG will force Enterprise off the air. There are always enough people willing to watch anything with the name "Star Trek" attached to it. The question is: are the shows going to be worth watching?

Right now, BSG plays to a mature audience, the stories are creative, and there are no silly arguments over canon (as if these are things worth worrying about in a fictional universe!)

ENT kind of feels like methodone -- it's there for the Trek addict, and it does the job, but it doesn't give you anywhere near the high that the old stuff used to. Hopefully, BSG will force the level of writing on ENT up a notch...

But is that just for sentimental reasons alone? I have a hole filled t-shirt that serves no usefull purpose that I still keep around.

Considering how TV execs only want reality programming, law & order and csi, does B5 fading surprise you? I'm surprised that BSG and SG-Atlantis even got a look.

Why is there no option for Battlestar Galactica sucks ass and will die after 1 season?