12 44.44%
  • 9 Best of Enterprise

7 25.93%
  • 10 Best of Trek

3 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate ST:ENT "Babel" Babel Arc Episode 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    Unfortunately, I don't get the next week previews on the Fox/UPN station I see Enterprise on, so I missed the chaka.
    You can download the trailer for next week's episode on STARTREK.com:
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...sode/8230.html
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Its been said time and again that if a civilization more advanced than our own were to make contact with us, it wouldn't be living people in ships but rather sophisticated machines or robots of some kind that would make first contact.

Isn't that what we did with the Voyager probes???

:-)

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Just saw the trailer online, very cool...freeze-framed it on the weapon...yup, very much like a chaka, minus the serrated thrusting point from the From the Clans sourcebook. Yeah, I'm looking forward to next Sunday.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I think I've read somewhere that some staffers on TNG used on occasion FASA material, "but if asked they would deny it" - sort of thing. I'm willing to bet that the writers might have used, indeed, some LUG or Decipher material.

I gave the episode a '9'. That was kick-a** Star Trek. Top notch story, acting, and F/X. Ranks with the highlights of TOS, TNG and DS9. That is the first time since the late 90's (with DS9) that I'm really enthusiastic with ST, like in the "good old days".

And yes, I'll have to make the inevitable comparison with BSG (I always watch both on the same night). I'd give them both a '9'. I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Usually I watch BSG first (with anticipation) and then Enterprise because, well, I've got another free hour! Next week I think it'll almost be the other way around! Regarding BSG though, I can'y believe the perfect record they have so far. I've seen all the episodes so far (up to the one with Richard Hatch, who was awesome BTW in his role) and I find them all equally excellent.
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    Unfortunately, I don't get the next week previews on the Fox/UPN station I see Enterprise on, so I missed the chaka.
    Hmm. . . Someone on Enterprise has been reading the "Among the Clans" book. On StarTrek.com, in a preview still for "United," the bladed weapon shown is called an Ushaan-Tor, which is an ice-miner's tool. And, apparently, it is also considered a dueling weapon. Now, we'll have to watch the ep to see if they include Andorian Clan structure. . . .
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers