Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Goes Bankrupt Building Starship Voyager Home.

Man Goes Bankrupt Building Starship Voyager Home.

Man Goes Bankrupt Building Starship Voyager Home.

Tony Alleyne, the man who turned his apartment into the Star Trek Starship Voyager has gone bankrupt. He started transforming his apartment after his wife left him when he replaced the refrigerator with a 'warp coil'. The apartment is located in Hinckley, Leics, has moulded walls, touch-panel blue lighting, and a command console.

his company website
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Wow... And to think it's only a few miles down the road from my home! Maybe it's taking love of Star Trek a bit too far, but each to their own!
    USS Phalanx NX-98705

My Site

Neat . . . almost cool. But a bit . . . over board.

I can understand one room . . . but an entire apartment? What did the Property Manager think?

And is it functional?
    You know, if it isn't broken . . . why change it, unless it's substantially improved.

DeviantArt Slacker MAL Support US Servicemembers
    "The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." Sloan, Section Thirty-One

I've long yearned to do something similar, and the SO has supported me in this, but I know that the only way I'll ever get to do this is if I adopt a bunch of orphans and then get MS or something, and the Extreme Home Makeover people do it for me.

I want a TV room set up like the E-D bridge. Giant flat-screen HDTV in place of the viewscreen. Everything remote-controlled from the Captain's chair. Video game consoles built right in to the Helm and Nav stations. Yeah.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

I've seen this guy on programmes about Trek obsessives It's a shame he had to go bakrupt, but he is quite obsessive, from the outside it's quite an ordinary ugly building, so it looks doubly odd inside! I think that pretty much all of it doesn't do anything, it's just for show
    Ta Muchly

Freaky, but not as freaky as that guy I saw on Trekkies that was trying to find a plastic surgeon to get his ears modified to look Vulcan.

Now that's spooky!
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron
    Freaky, but not as freaky as that guy I saw on Trekkies that was trying to find a plastic surgeon to get his ears modified to look Vulcan.

Now that's spooky!
    Actually, that's tame compared to what I saw on Ripley's Believe or Not (a tattooed guy have a screwed-in set of metal spikes coming out his head instead of a mohawk hairdo).

What would be spooky is getting them Andorian antennae.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Perhaps he should have asked for donations online or maybe charge for tours, something to bring money in. But....
    obsess much?

Though all the LCars is a bit much, I have to admit that there's quite a bit of touches in that which would look good in any modern-deco apartment. The hallway arches are nice, as is the wall to ceiling compartments. The rounded windows would be really nice, too if they were just windows.

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Finally, something to show my wife that I'm not an Obsessive-Compulsive Trekkie..
    "I know engineers, they love to change things..."
    - Dr. Leonard McCoy

Talking

What is so wrong with being an OCT?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Finally, something to show my wife that I'm not an Obsessive-Compulsive Trekkie..
    I did and my wife commented that the only thing that kept me from doing this is lack of money.

'Voyager' Flat Sells For £425,000

TrekToday.com reports:
    The Star Trek fan who turned his flat into a replica of Voyager's bridge and transporter has sold it for five times its market value, bringing in over £400,000.

Metro.co.uk reported that Tony Alleyne, who spent two years working on converting the studio flat in Hinckley, Leicestershire, had put the flat up for auction on eBay with a suggested top price of £130,000.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Haha it finally sold! Good for him!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    Haha it finally sold!
    This world is a strange place indeed