Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Important news regarding Enterprise

Important news regarding Enterprise

I have it from a fairly reliable source that they will announce the cancelation of Enterprise tomorrow.

So far my source has been 7 for 7 on insider tips.

If that is true, then wow. Trek went 0-for-2 against Friday night.

Great. We're getting more of that Missy Elliot reality show, and I don't even like her.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    I have it from a fairly reliable source that they will announce the cancelation of Enterprise tomorrow.

So far my source has been 7 for 7 on insider tips.
    I take this as a Rumor. Seen this before and this has turned out not the case. If your source it right. Great. If not. Oh well...
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Well...crap.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I wouldn't put much stock in this; we've seen the same rumor (almost word for word, including the dependability of the unnamed source) before. Frankly, I think it's just another Enterprise basher venting some of their hateful wishful thinking. Since there's no proof of this, Caitian, I'd hold off on feeling bad.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    I wouldn't put much stock in this; we've seen the same rumor (almost word for word, including the dependability of the unnamed source) before. Frankly, I think it's just another Enterprise basher venting some of their hateful wishful thinking. Since there's no proof of this, Caitian, I'd hold off on feeling bad.
    I agree as I said this is a rumor with no merit, but let's watch the name calling please. Calling people Gushers and Bashers have already been said by the higher ups as no no's. So let's not do that ok.
    Hey my opinion

Without Star Trek: The Original Series there would be no other Trek Series or Movies regardless of shows rewriting the Series past.

Frankly, I think it's just another Enterprise basher venting some of their hateful wishful thinking. Since there's no proof of this, Caitian, I'd hold off on feeling bad.
    Frankly, we do not have proof that Spike's source is an Enterprise basher.

Whether it is true or not, there seems to be a growing concern that there is a collaborated movement by three groups that want to save Enterprise by putting out an advertisement on USA Today newspaper pleading with Les Moonves, Viacom's Chief.

Source: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30315

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Well it's tommorrow now? or is it too early stateside for Deathknells ?

I think they deserve to give Coto a fair shot at it.. he has to deal with 3 years of Enterprise haters, a steady falloff of folowing and a massive continuity mess.. Why the producers expect people to instantly stop being sceptical and come back in their droves overnight I don't know.. but they always do!
    Ta Muchly

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Frankly, we do not have proof that Spike's source is an Enterprise basher.
    Frankly, we don't have proof that Spike has a source. In any event, it seemed to me that I was commenting on Spike, not his source.
    Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Whether it is true or not, there seems to be a growing concern that there is a collaborated movement by three groups that want to save Enterprise by putting out an advertisement on USA Today newspaper pleading with Les Moonves, Viacom's Chief.

Source: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30315
    I've seen that, and it's the same sort of thing I remember happening with Voyager lo these many years ago. I think the whole thing is someone trying to stir shit up, and he's succeeded. I'm sick and damn tired of these things constantly coming up, and I'm going to start ranting about it. If it gets me banned or put in a corner or whatever, I can live with that. I left these forums for over a year, and I can live without coming here again. I'm tired of the negativity here anyway.

Vent over, for now at least.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Frankly, we don't have proof that Spike has a source. In any event, it seemed to me that I was commenting on Spike, not his source.
    I wish I could give the name of the source but if you wish to assume I have none no problem.

Interesting how I become an Enterprise basher for giving some news. Granted, it is not my favorite show and I have stated that I prefer Babylon 5 but nice open mindedness.

As a sci-fi fan I hope the rumour turns out to be false. Hopefully someone at the studio got his calender screwed up and he thought it was April 1st.

Sorry to have bothered you.

With all due respect, we don't know if Spike is any more a basher now than I was a year ago.

I've seen that, and it's the same sort of thing I remember happening with Voyager lo these many years ago. I think the whole thing is someone trying to stir shit up, and he's succeeded. I'm sick and damn tired of these things constantly coming up, and I'm going to start ranting about it. If it gets me banned or put in a corner or whatever, I can live with that. I left these forums for over a year, and I can live without coming here again. I'm tired of the negativity here anyway.

Vent over, for now at least.
    Well, this board is meant for fans of Trek. That doesn't mean it is for fans of ALL Trek shows. I mean we're not all blind in faith. Some hated TNG, others hated DS9, and yet others hated VOY. But doesn't mean we hated all of them.

As for bashing? It can't be helped. I want the franchise to succeed and impress us, which is pretty hard for them to do after so many films and TV episodes. But if Berman & Braga can no longer impress many of us, then perhaps somebody else should step in.

But, hey, if you like Berman & Braga style of Trek, you can have ENT and VOY. They're not my cup of Earl Gray Tea.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I for one would like for Enterprise to continue. The changes (except for the theme song) have overall been positive and we're seeing some real improvements. The bulk of (the most reasonable) fans complained and finally they listened, all the while continuing to make Trek interesting for all (like TNG and co. did) The absolute worst thing they could do is give in to every whims of the fanboys/girls. The crappiest ideas often come from them, I find.

I think we've reached a point where most fans of any series, universe, etc have turned into either the fat comic book shopkeeper from the Simpsons, who's always disatisfied with everything or the bland mindless drones who love and justifie everything the Hollywood bankers throw at them.

My bone also are those who just cannot look forward and let go of their freakin' childhood. You know, those who say "Lucas" or "Ron Moore" raped my childhood" because of the prequels, re-imagininig, etc. You're 30 now. I can understand if one criticizes, say, Lucas for churning out crap (and that is what is universally recognized, except for a few SW die-hards and 'blands') but the product must be judged on its own merit, not because some obscure line of dialogue upsets the perception of canon of some fat nerd.
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Thumbs down

If the rumor is true, it's time for a round of executions.

If the rumor is NOT true, it's time for a round of executions. Just different victims.

I don't much care...

As long as there's executions.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/9469.html

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled!

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...
    PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

Can't say I'm surprised
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"