Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Important news regarding Enterprise

Whoops...

I meant 'Exeter', as in Star Trek: Exeter; one of the best fan-Treks going...carry on.
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Hmm. Never heard of it.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Ok, let's try again...

Starship Exeter:
    http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/

Better?
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Talking

You mean it's not out in DVDs? Bummer.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Trek United has reported they are in discussions with Paramount since the three million dollar donation.

Trek United Contribution Total: $ 3,107,224.62 (As of Mar. 9th, 3:49pm ET)
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Modem
    And I think it's just stupid:
    1) It's been figured that 'the fans' would have to raise about $30 mil. in order to produce the series at 'current production value', and that's assuming that Paramount would even allow outside funding directly by private citizens (they have enough problems satisfying advertisers...can you just imagine trying to do the same to ALL 'their' investors... )
    But the might take a gamble on a smaller number of episodes. Most new shows are luck just to have 13 episode in the beginning.

2) 'They' don't have a network to show, nor is it being 'shopped'. I heard/read the 'Spike rumor', and to that I say, Spike should just buy the rights to Smackdown (which has waaaaaaaaaay better ratings/demographics [compared to Ain't] and Spike has a fantastic track record with WWE programing: Raw, Velocity, Sunday Night Heat,... Bsically, it's more of a match [pardon the pun]).
    It has the exclusive right for Star Trek: Next Generation and Deep Space Nine so their is a fit. Watch the new episode of Eterprise which would boost viewing of TNG & DS9 reruns that follow (or vice versa).

If these 'fans' (and any want-to-be/would-be investing fan) really want to improve the state of 'Trek; invest in some of the fan-films out there: Exeter, Final Frontier, Stone Trek, and even Capt. Hunter's very own Intrepid. These films/projects deserve the money a lot more then Ain't-a-prize ever does or did:
    - The fans (most of the time) don't get paid, they do it for the love of acting and the source material.
    - The films/projects usually do not have sponsers (Stone Trek did get Starland, but that's a rare event), so they need all the support they can get...and lastly.
    - Look at what they (the fans this time, not 'They') did/could do on their limited budget vs. what 'They' (this time I do mean 'They') did with 'Theirs'...now imagine if the fans actually got a serious ammount of money to work with...WOOOOOOOOW!!!! Blow the mind!!!

Just a thought...
    Perhaps that could be a good back up plan for the money raised. One train of though that I have had for the next series is a Trek reality series. In which the show would follow the wantabe actors, directors, producers or the current staff in develop the next series similarly to the the Project Greenlight show on (HBO I think). But that could revel too much and no one would watch the series developed out of it. With your statement about the money going to the fan series perhaps my idea could be changed to be the fan series competing in some form or just kind of a behind the scene look plus broadcasting their episodes.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

[QUOTE]

Perhaps that could be a good back up plan for the money raised. One train of though that I have had for the next series is a Trek reality series. [QUOTE]

Come on, the last thing that this world needs is another reality-based show! I have seen a decline in TV quality since the advent of reality shows. For examlple, when was the last time that MTV had an honest-to-goodness music video? MTV used to be a staple of music television, now they have reality-shows.
    "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."
    -Chang (ST VI)

Treefrog, you should read the rest of the post:
    Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    <snip>
    But that could revel too much and no one would watch the series developed out of it. With your statement about the money going to the fan series perhaps my idea could be changed to be the fan series competing in some form or just kind of a behind the scene look plus broadcasting their episodes.
    I do agree most reality TV show are not very good, even a Star Trek based one would have it draw backs as I indicate. But it would give development time and money to the next series, instead of "This series is ending, quick slap together the next one!" This would also give those who want a Star Trek Series always on TV. It would be cheap to produce and make up for losses on Enterprise. Fan that want to give Trek some rest would be assured whether they watch the reality show or not that there is a Star Trek series in development. Every Star Trek Series is better than most of the shows out there, so a Trek reality show would/should be better than most reality shows.