• Denebian slime devils ain't in it

0 0%
  • Best of ENT

7 70.00%
  • Best of Trek

3 30.00%

Thread: Rate ST ENT: United

Rate ST ENT: United

Since Eric R seems to be AWOL, I guess I'll jump in and do his duty this week. So, what's everyone think?

I'm giving it an 8. Much better than 90% of ENT, but I like to see better character stuff than this one before I give it a 9. The duel was cool; that would fit in nicely with LUG's Among the Clans sourcebook. Also liked the reference to the first "icecutter" to circumnavigate Andor.

Anybody talked to S John Ross lately? I'd like to hear his thoughts about these episodes, especially next week's. Looks like we finally get to go and see the ice on Andor!

D'oh! Meant to have 1-10 on the poll. Maybe you computer literate mods could adjust that for me, please-and-thank-you.
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-05-2005 at 04:14 PM.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!

I loved the duel, and even learned a little about Andorian anatomy and the relative importance of antennae. Fun and educational! Andorians rock!

And, well, so do the Tellarites, but only when they shift their enormous girth!

If the poll had the choice, I'd give it a 9.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

This time I give it a 8; I thought the resolution of the fight was sort of a cop out. They could away with that in the '60s (Amok Time) but that's harder today.

Geek remark: why are the Romulans using the same uniforms from Nemesis (?!?) Ok, I know that the REAL explanation is because of the budget, but still...

Like everyone's saying: too bad they've cancelled the show when it was starting to become great...
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

I thought it was a cool episode. I like the images of the Romulan drone spinning out of the way of the ENT phase cannons.

I thought the duel b/t Archer & Shran was good too & I did not expect Archer to end it by cutting one of Shran's antennae. So now we know that Andorian antennae do grow back although it does take many months.

So they changed the name of the Andorian weapon from Chakra. Well, I guess not offically changed since I don't think it was ever named on any previous episode of Star Trek.