Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LUG Errata & Rules Clarification

LUG Errata & Rules Clarification

Hey everybody, I was wondering if someone still had a copy of the LUG Trek errata, and the Rules Clarification from the old LUG site???

Getting ready to run a session and I cannot find them among my files.

Yancy
    In the... jingle.... jangle mornin'.... I'll come following you....

Try Owen's "Memory Icon" Site, If it's not on his site he might have it un-posted.

http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Nope... I checked the site.

Yancy

I have them, but won't be able to pass them on until latter this afternoon. Say about five hours from the time of this posting. . .or thereabouts, unless someone else has them and beats me to it.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Great appreciate it.

Yancy

Sorry for the delay. I assume these are the files you are looking for. . .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Thanks redwood, appreciate the help.

Yancy

No era nada.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

Hello, Gents, I am working on a combined LUG Player's Character Creation Compendium, putting as many character creation rules as I can find (Ads, disads, skills) and also greatly expanding existing skills and specializations plus tossing some races into one book to be released free to the commuinity as a resource for character generation, to avoid flipping pages through a bunch of books.

I have a few clarifications that I intend to post in this thread here this week, as I try to correct what seem to be errors and omissions in the various books, so that they are not duplicated into the final version of this thing.

Star Trek: The Next Generation Core Book:
    TNG Starfleet Characters with one tour are listed as being generated off of 125 points.

Yet the DP breakdown is (or it is my understanding “Should Be”) as follows (from the Official Errata .pdf, above)
    And from the following Memory Icon Link:
    http://www.coldnorth.com/memoryicon/...yers_guide.htm

Code:
    Species Template		50 DP
    Early Life History:		5 DP		
    Professional Overlay:	        54 DP   (Academy Training)
    Academy Life		        8 DP
    Basic Cadet Cruise 		1 DP   Duration: 1 Year
    First Tour			10 DP   All Tours Last 2-7 Years (D6+1)
    TOTAL     128 DP  << The basic TOS/TNG Character, with 1 Tour.
    Thus, I suggest the basic point total be amended to reflect 128 points for LUG Starfleet PCs, not 125 as stated in TNG, since in the actual templates and overlays, most race templates weigh in at 50+/-, Early life 5, Professions 54, etc.

Seems also that the DS9 book is saying 108 Pts. and for Competetive Characters, add 18 (which Equals 123?!)

So unless I get major flak, I'll put it in as 128 TNG, and work the DS9 as I get to it.

I also wanted to get permission from Owen E. Oulton to include the Psychology Skill as listed above (makes total sense to me) and

The medical overlays from redwood973

(Both with appropriate thanks)

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by LUGTrekGM; 11-29-2006 at 12:00 PM.
    - LUGTrekGM

I couldn't find any reference to Courage point cost with DP, when building racial templates from scratch.

Since the Human Species Template from TNG RPG Book p. 65 rounds out at 44 points with (+2 courage pts) advantage, I am thus assuming courage points roughly cost 3 DP per EXTRA Courage Point above the normal 3, which seems about right, and including same as a rough race-building from scratch rule in the Compendium, if there are no objections, with the idea that pretty much only humans perhaps have this advantage. Something like that.
    Last edited by LUGTrekGM; 11-29-2006 at 11:48 AM.
    - LUGTrekGM

Yeah, seems like TOS Human, p. 48 is short by 6 pts so courage costs 3 per extra courage in chargen.
    Last edited by LUGTrekGM; 11-29-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    - LUGTrekGM

Betazoid suggested correction

Suggested correction to TNG Betazoid to account for extra +1 DP PT (Total was 51)

BETAZOID
    Betozoids are characterized by their telepathic abilities, enabling them to read most minds. Their strong ethics, however prevent them from abusing their powers. Peaceful and altruistic, Betazoids typically become ship's counselors, doctors or ambassadors.
    Code:
    						DP
     Attributes
        Fitness 2 [5]			        4
        Coordination 2 [5]				4
        Intellect 2 [5]				4
               Logic -1                             -1
        Presence 2 [5]				4
               Empathy +1				1
        Psi 2 [6]					4

Skills
        Charm (Influence) 2 (3)			6
        Culture (Betazoid) 2 (3)			6
        History (Betazoid) 1 (2)			3
       Language
               Betazoid 2				6
       Receptive Telepathy 2			6
       World Knowledge (Betazed) 1 (2)		3

TOTAL	50
    Note: The original did not have Logic Edge -1, and was worth 51 DP pts. (p. 64 TNG)
    - LUGTrekGM

SUGGESTED CORRECTION TO TNG Bolian.

(Never saw these in an episode so this is really iffy. Are they that dextrous?

BOLIAN
    Native to the planet Bolarus IX, Bolians are distinguished by their light blue skin and a bifurcated ridge running down the center of their face. They tend to be dedicated to duty, working hard to prove their commitment to the Federation and Starfleet. Their affinity for organization and group dynamics makes them well-suited to almost any position in Starfleet.
    Code:
    							DP
    Attributes
       Fitness 2 [5]					4	
              Strength -1					-1
       Coordination 2 [5]					4
       Intellect 2 [5]					4
       Presence 2 [5]					4
       Psi 0 [5]					        0

Skills
       Administration (choose Specialization) 2 (3)	        6	
       Culture (Bolian) 2 (3)				6
       History (Bolian) 1 (2)				3
       Language				
              Bolian 2					6
       Social Science (choose Specialization) 2 (3)	        6	
       World Knowledge (Bolarus IX) 1 (2)		        3

Typical Advantages/Disadvantages		
       Synergy +3					        3
       Ally +2						2
    					TOTAL           50  DP
    The Original Listing had Dexterity Edge +1 (Giving 51 pts, p. 64 TNG)
    - LUGTrekGM

Wow, nice to see some activity for LUG again. Can't wait until I can sit down and actually join in again.

A few years ago I made a character creation aid which listed all skills and traits from all the books. Never released it to the general public as I never felt it was finished. If your LUG Player's Character Creation Compendium will include such a list I'd be happy to forward it on to you (.pdf file). May save you some headache, or at least cut back on some work anyway.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

The discrepancy between 125 and 128 point characters is whether they were generated using the Core Rules, where the Cadet Cruise is worth 1 DP, or the Players Guide where the Cadet Cruise is worth 4 DP.

However, the skill ablation problem is such that characters built according to the chargen system usually total only 100 DP or so, so the question is moot. My solution to that problem is to add the character up at the end of chargen, and if he or she adds up to less than 125 points let the player spend the difference at his or her discretion. If you prefer to use the 128 point version, let the player spend another 3 DP, the equivalent of buying a skill level.