Thread: New Army Combat Uniforms

New Army Combat Uniforms

Now this'll take sometime getting use to. My brother, who is still in, says that his command told him, he has to pay for his own new uniforms.

http://www.tradoc.army.mil/pao/Asset...andinginfo.htm

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    IIRC, those are the uniforms that use the new computer-designed patters that will help enhance the camouflage ability of the outfit. The Marines already have a similar set.

As far as paying for their uniforms, everyone gets an annual uniform allowance that helps with the cost for all that, so I don't think that's a problem. Servicemembers have to pay for all of their uniforms, including the ones they get in Boot Camp (it's taken out of their first paychecks before the booters see it).

The Navy is messing around with replacing the enlisted working uniforms with a "haze gray" design. It's not impressive, really, just different. But, hey, we'll blend in with the hull that way!
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

They just look odd...but it it works, who cares
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I know it's amazing.. it's like looking at a bunch of floating heads.. really spooky

Ii wonder if camoflage has EVER actually fooled anyone ?.. Wearing black at night.. that's a no brainer, but a bunch of green splotches isn't really going to hide you when you stick your face out from behind that bush! I particularly liked how they said "Black is no longer useful in the uniform" and then promptly show the first image with a black beret ! Ok it's dress uniform, but it made me laugh
    Ta Muchly

Has cammo ever fooled anyone?

Yes, it has. Even the most rudimentary of camouflage can be effective. It's not magic, of course, but the effect works amazingly well.

Case in point, from personal experience.

Once, many years ago, back in the dark decade known as the 1970's, I was in the Militia - up here in Canada, we use the word Militia differently from you 'Murricans: the Canadian Militia is the Canadian Armed Forces Primary Reserves (Land Element) - and we were still using plain olive green combat uniforms, not the nifty new digital Relish Jar combats the Forces uses now, with an olive green mesh scarf covering my face and a few leaves stuck in my helmet's cammouflage cover. I was at point during the annual May Exercise, and two of our forward scouts were returning from checking the next hill. They didn't see me kneeling beside a tree in broad daylight.

The modern stuff is simply amazing.

I'm still getting a mental image of Millhouse phasing into the background in his camoflage suit
    Ta Muchly