Thread: Sci-Fi/Fantasy Personality & Preferences Test

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Personality & Preferences Test

FYI,

Sci-Fi/Fantasy Personality & Preferences Test
    http://scifi.about.com/library/weekly/aa020603.htm

Hmmmmm......According to this I am 'Batman'. Now, The Dark Knight may be a cool character but the blurb about what I am s'posed to like and want in a film is waaaaaay off.

Oh well, it passed three minutes of my time.

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Me is batman too
    Ta Muchly

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I'm the Batman, too...hmmm...I smell a conspiracy here....
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 02-17-2005 at 09:00 PM.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Cool Well sign me up for the F.B.I...

I'm closest to 'Dana Scully'...bet you wish you were too, 'stead of having 'Bat-nipples' on your suits.

I like the last line in the discription best: "You'd rather watch a tragedy that's honest than a comedy that cops out."

Now, if some theater around here would just show 'the Thai Warrior', I'd be happy.
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Just goes to show that people aren't so different as you think.. or this test is just a bit rubish
    Ta Muchly

Me is batman too
    I'm the Batman, too...hmmm...I smell a conspiracy here....
    (with apologies to the Life Of Brian crew)

"I'm Batman......and so's my wife!"

LOL

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

The Star Trek Personality test (which is really just an abbreviated Star Trek-themed version of the Meyers-Briggs test) was more fun and more accurate.

http://scifi.about.com/library/weekly/aa080201.htm
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

I'm supposed to be Philipe Gaston :
    Like the unwilling squire to a great warrior who dreams of his own adventures in Ladyhawke, you want stories that transport you to realms of excitement, where characters right wrongs and battle great villains, or at least make it to the end of their journeys with body and mind intact. You don't appreciate films that flaunt gore or sex like distractions, but prefer honest tales of people who overcome great odds and achieve great rewards. You love old and new stories equally when they're told well, and you particularly love rooting for the underdog. You'll stop watching a movie that's trying to trick you or preaches at you with heavy irony. You can figure the moral out on your own, thank you very much. You love a good battle or a well-deserved hour of fun.

I have absolutely no clues as to who this character is, but the description rather fits me for once

On the other hand, the movies recommendation doesn't quite fit me : yes, I like SpiderMan and absolutely love Back to the Future and X-Men, but I am one those few people on Earth who don't like Star Wars at all (and it's supposed to be #1...)
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

And according to the Trek personality test, I'm supposed to be Chakotay/Beverly. Not my two favorites characters, but not a bad choice either
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

well, to be original, according to the survey, I'm a Han Solo type

Talking

Oh, crap. I'm a...
    Captain Kirk

Like the good captain, you love movies that fight the good fight, but you don't like senseless violence. A satisfying story involves the way people feel, especially when it comes to love and passion. It's fine for heroes to stumble on the way to victory, as long as they learn something. You also like the occasional quiet story that recognizes life itself is a game of strategy, and you have a fine appreciation for how funny people can be when you catch them off-guard. You enjoy sympathizing with characters and cheering them on, and you like being able to see your enemy when you fight him. You can't stand movies that cop out of hard subjects, particularly when it motivates characters to behave stupidly.
    Top 7 Movies for "Captain Kirk" Types

1. Independence Day (1996)
    2. Splash (1984)
    3. Invasion of the Body Snatcher (1956)
    4. Time After Time (1979)
    5. What Women Want (2000)
    6. Heaven Can Wait (1978)
    7. The Mummy (1999)
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Im Han Solo