Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate: ST:ENT "Affliction"

Rate: ST:ENT "Affliction"

okay, You know the drill.

Personally, I think this is one of the better episodes of the season. And it explains a lot about the Flatheads vs Ridgeheads. Klingon Civil war anyone?

I give it a 9
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Were you going to put an actual poll on this one, Bouncy?

I agree, this was a fantastic episode; I'm reserving judgment until next week, so I can assess them as a pair.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

I was psyched seeing those TOS Klingons!!! Hell, i'd give it a 10
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I really liked this one & thought the Klingon question was done cleverly. Also jives with the rest of the season. Give it a 9.

The weak point: Reed. When you're caught, you're caught, man...fess up. Archer needs to give him the airlock treatment.

it depends on just how nasty S-31 is in keeping silence. Reeds parents might be "insurance".
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Talking

Great ep.: probably an 8 or a nine.

Thought they might be S-31 operatives posing as klingons, but after the sick bay scene i was blown away!

What a way to go out: explaining the biggest question of the Trek mythos: Why do TOS Klingons look different.

So far, so good, but I'm reserving judgement until I've seen the whole story. I can understand Worf's "We do not speak of it to outsiders" line; Klingons wouldn't want anyone else to know that at one time they thought they could improve their species with genetic material from humans. But how are they going to keep this a secret? Remember, Federation personnel from the 24th century had no idea that any of this happened. Phlox certainly knows what's happening and it looks like Archer is going to learn the same info next week, but how and why would they not spread the word to the rest of Starfleet? Maybe there's a very clever plot twist ahead that will explain that part of the incident, but I'm skeptical. (Probably because I'm still gunshy from the B&B regime and haven't had enough time to get used to Manny Coto's stories.)
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Unhappy

Breaking up the crew... brought a tear to me eye.

That would be section 31.. of the articles of the Federation, which doesn't exist yet then would it?

Sounds intreaguing, can't wait to see, though I am not sure why they wanted Human Genes, even the Borg queen turned her nose up at us as being decidedly average
    Ta Muchly

Yeah, but the Klingons weren't dealing with 'average' humans. And it's not like Queen had particularly high opinion of Klingons either
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian
    That would be section 31.. of the articles of the Federation, which doesn't exist yet then would it?
    In all but name, of course. There's nothing canon suggesting that the unit which we know now as Section 31 didn't exist prior to the founding of the Federation. In fact, I find the notion that it didn't exist in some form as a Terran intelligence/dirty tricks squad a little bit on the laughable side.

This is coming across far snarkier, I think, than I'm actually intending it, but I'm not well-rested at the moment, so I hope it doesn't come across too badly.

Oh I'm quite sure that Humanity would be far more likelly to have a 'dirty tricks' brigade hiding somewhere, ala the NID in Stargate, or even a multiconglomorate corporate body which practices indistrial espionage. But something called Section 31 can't exist, as it's named after something that doesn't exist yet
    Ta Muchly

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I don't recall hearing the organization named during the episode. Was it?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    I don't recall hearing the organization named during the episode. Was it?
    It wasn't. Reed mentions "no longer belonging to your section" when Eric Pierpoint's character tells him that he has a new assignment, but the section in question is never named. And, all things considered, probably doesn't have a name beyond "Section," though I have nothing to base that on except the history of dirty trick squads in military and science fiction.

The assumption that it's Section 31 (or, more accurately, that group's Terran precursor) is strictly ours at this point, though I think it's a good bet. I also think it's a good bet that we'll never find anything out (nor should we).

It was mentioned. When Archer is talking to the Admiral, he retorts "re-read your charter, article 14 section 31." Section 31 was created in the Starfleet charter, not the Federation charter. I believe that was established in DS9.

This ep gets a 9 from me.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!