Thread: Cptn. Kruge's pet...Feed him thing?

Cptn. Kruge's pet...Feed him thing?

Does any one know, what in the name of Sto'Va'Kor was that thing on the bridge of the Bird-of Prey in Star Trek III The Search for Spock.

All it did was Sit by the CO's chair, make angry sounds (Kruge orders one of his officers to feed him at that point) and then later die when the Enterprise fired on the scout.

And no it was NOT a Targ, the thing looked more like a fuzzy, short, and fat Alligator.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

It probably was a Targ, it' sjust the films producers spent money on a pupet, whereas TNG got a boar and stuck some bits on it Where else would hte concept of a Targ come from if not from that iconic movie! Maybe it suffered from the same disease / anomaly / wierdness that caused the klingons to lose their head riges in the 23rd century
    Ta Muchly

I figured that since there are virtually endless breeds of dogs, wouldn't there be a likelihood that an equal number of targ breeds also exist? Kruge's could have been the equivalent of a pit bull - Worf's, the golden retriever type.

Quote Originally Posted by D.S.McBride
    I figured that since there are virtually endless breeds of dogs, wouldn't there be a likelihood that an equal number of targ breeds also exist? Kruge's could have been the equivalent of a pit bull - Worf's, the golden retriever type.
    Here, boy! Here, boy! Fetch the bat'leth ! Fetch the bat'leth !
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

... that would explain allot about it's face
    Ta Muchly

Two harsh words:

Targ farts

Ew!

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Here, boy! Here, boy! Fetch the bat'leth ! Fetch the bat'leth !
    No warrior would throw away his bat'leth..........hmmmm.....maybe it was some COWARDS bat'leth!

:-D

Cheers

Tas
    "Wherever you go....there you are!"

Or maybe it was the bat'leth of somebody the warrior had just killed!