Thread: Looking for a game in/around Austin, TX

Looking for a game in/around Austin, TX

Hello,

I'd love to play some face-to-face good-old-fashioned table-top Star Trek RPG's with someone in or around the Austin, TX area. I'm up for Coda or Icon or even FASA... if it's Trek, it's good.

If you're interested, please respond to this post or send a private message or just speak up somehow and we'll get something going!

Mark

A lot of gamers hang around the...I think it's the Dragon's Lair. It's over near the Central Market. Can't remember the address, since I haven't lived in Austin for 5 years.

And the Lair just moved too. It's a block north of 2222 on Burnet on the east side. I live in Austin, but I just don't have time to play right now, as much as I want to.

On a note to black campbellq, believe it or not, there are now 4 Dragon's Lairs - the "original" that just moved, and three others in Round Rock, San Marcos and San Antonio.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I would believe it. they seemed to be doing decent biz. The Round Rock one would've been handy, since I lived up in Pflugerville, when I was living in the city.

There's no good game store here in Albuquerque; I pretty much do everything via internet, or I get stuff in las Cruces -- of all places -- when I'm done there for grad school a few days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    A lot of gamers hang around the...I think it's the Dragon's Lair. It's over near the Central Market. Can't remember the address, since I haven't lived in Austin for 5 years.
    I've been to the Dragon's Lair a number of times. I've seen lots of collectible card games and miniatures games going on there... you think I'll find some Trek gamers?

As for game stores, there's also Thor's Hammer, which is way up in North Austin (and I believe they may have a store in South Austin somewhere too).

Thanks for the update on the Dragon's Lair location. I drove by the other day and couldn't find it.

I guess you guys just have to move to Albuquerque...it's cheaper here than in Austin. And there's Trek gamers...

I've been to the Dragon's Lair a number of times. I've seen lots of collectible card games and miniatures games going on there... you think I'll find some Trek gamers?
    In general I don't try to find gamers who actually hang at the Lair (well, any game store really) -- they tend to exemplify the bad RPGer stereotypes. You know, at least one of the following: 1) poor hygiene, 2) poor social skills, 3) little sense of reality. That said, the bulletin board is another issue entirely - you should put up a notice
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

If you are still looking for a table top game, i run one on the northside of San Antonio every other Wednesday night.