Thread: Blalock Disses Enterprise

Blalock Disses Enterprise

Blalock Disses Enterprise
    Jolene Blalock, who plays T'Pol in UPN's canceled Star Trek: Enterprise, told the Toronto Star that she's not happy with the upcoming series finale, which airs in May.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30592

I guess the "and it was all a dream" ending is a possibility after all...
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaru
    I guess the "and it was all a dream" ending is a possibility after all...
    As good as fourth season has been, the only storyline I'd really miss having in the official Trek continuity is the "KirShara" arc.

So, it won't bother me if they do the "It was all a holodeck simulation" ending.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Perhaps, but it would ruined a wonderful 4th-season run. If anything, this final episode should have done at the end of 3rd season.

But, hey, it's nothing new. Leave it to Berman & Braga to screw us all over again.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Actually Reg, i think it was the smart thing to do. They had made too many problems for themselves that they simply couldn't fix in one season. This gives them at least the "out" that in the end they didn't break continuity for later series. Is it a cop-out? Maybe, but not necessarily a bad choice.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Angry

Sorry, but a cop-out is ALWAYS a bad choice. I may not have liked the first three seasons but I have to accept it. I do like the fourth season, so to turn that also into a "bad dream" ending will definitely anger me.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

She used the term "appalling". That's probably not good news. But it doesn't have to mean that the entire series will be a "dream sequence" or bad holodeck adventure.

The fundamental problem with doing that is that the fans will *never* trust those creators again. It's the ultimate "FU", and comes as near to burning one's bridges as it's possible to get.

Now, maybe that's how Berman and Braga feel -- maybe they don't care any more. But that level of distrust would smear the entire franchise, which Paramount still considers to be worth money. I have difficulty believing that any but the most addlepated executive would permit such a damaging idea to fly. It would corrode the value of the property for use with future series, and it would probably have a deeply chilling effect on "Enterprise" DVD sales.

And all of this is known, because "Dallas" already did it, and found out what the fans thought of the idea! And "Dallas" wasn't even a franchise property!

If this is how they choose to end the series, it will prove the inmates are running the asylum over there. It will suggest that Trek has been relegated to the ranks of soap operas, and that it will never be healthy again until Paramount sells it.

B&B must know where the bodies are buried. Only explanation
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Actually, according to David Gerrold (I posted the link to his inteview a while back), Berman's best attribute wasn't his creativity, it was his ability to schmooze with the suits. If Gerrold is to be believed (and he could have his ax out, to be sure), the Berman basically sold himself to the suits, and somehow manages to keep himself in their good graces.

I honestly wouldn't call it dissing. She's giving her opinion on the ending, just like we do when we say an episode/season/series was good, bad or whatever.

Yeah, she got paid for it, yeah she did it, it's her job. How many people here always say wonderful things about THEIR jobs?
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

What Shoshuro said...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoshuro
    How many people here always say wonderful things about THEIR jobs?
    If you're saying "always" in the poetic sense, the, yes, I love my job. I get to play with neat toys and see a bunch of nice people every day. My boss is the best supervisor I've ever had in my adult life. It's a busy job at times, but never truly stressful -- well, rarely, if ever, stressful in an unhealthy way.

I still get to keep my connection to the Navy, and while money is a concern (to ensure that I'm providing for my wife and children), it's not the prime reason I continue to serve out of uniform.

Of course, this is coming from a guy who still tears up whenever he sings the "Star Spangled Banner" or "America the Beautiful."

I had no other point than that; I agree with your point, Shoshuro.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    Of course, this is coming from a guy who still tears up whenever he sings the "Star Spangled Banner" or "America the Beautiful."
    You big girl, you!

I have a friend out there at DLI, right now, ST -- he might be in the market for a gaming buddy. 'course, there might be fraternization issues (he's an army NCO.)