Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dr Who

I haven't watched them yet but I did watch the teaser for "Dalek."

Woo hoo! Salt Lake City will be EXTERMINATED!

This is the coolest thing to happen in Utah since...well, ever!
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I have seen Dalek and it is freakin' fantastic! This series keeps winning me with each and every episode!

Between this and the new BSG I am in heaven!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Okay, I'm jealous now.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Thumbs up "Dalek"

Best. Doctor. Who. EVAR!

HOLY FREAKING COW! This episode was GREAT!
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

I wish I could catch the new Doctor on cable in NJ but it's not shown. Sounds like it's pretty interesting.

My favorite still is the 4th Doctor, primarily b/c he was the first one I ever saw and the one I grew up watching in the 1980s. I have seen a few episodes with the 5th & 6th Doctors.

What number are we up to now?

I hope this new series will eventually be shown in the States.

According to info, the US will have a wait for the new series. BBC America at present has no plan to pick it up. (ALthough I am pretty sure if you look in some places, you might find them downloadable)

I think this is like the 9th Doctor (so the 8th regeneration) and next season it'll be the 10th... (9th regen)

Tom

Hee hee. I finally talked about "Dalek" in my blog. Couldn't resist an Enterprise jab while I was at it. I'm so weak.
    Contributor, Gnome Stew

OMG!

I just finished watching the latest ep... Boom Town... good ep, well done

Moving on to the preview for next week's ep!

OMG!

OMG!

OMG!

I finally caught a handful of episodes. The first three and World War 3 and the season finale. The new series is definilty an improvement over the Sylvester McCoy era. My only qualm about it is that it is not as dark and meloncholy as the Baker-Davidson-(the other guy afterwards), a little too light-hearted and campy. The way the Daleks are being treated is questionable. Its like they're extinct once and for all in one episode and then bam they're back ala "dues-ex-machina" (sp?). WTF? Let me remind you that I watched Doctor Who when i was toddler so its been a long time. But overall, I like or (liked ) Eccleston and the show has a lot of potential. And I am curious to know if there will be a Doctor Who RPG?
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

So far, I've managed to view the first 7 episodes, and must say it rocks.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about the time war, and the Daleks. (Rumor has it that one of the Episodes from next season will involve the Cybermen... would be so cool too!)

Oh, the Doctor after Peter Davison is Colin Baker, the one that did the Trial of the Time Lord.

I like the sense of humor that the writers and Eccleston has shown, he seems pretty able to go from Comic-y to Deadly Serious in quick strides. As I did this time, I'm going to have to reserve judgement until get to see how the New Doctor for next season works....

I guess in the meantime, I need to find some DVD's of the older doctors to tide me over.

Tom

Region Free / PAL<-->NTSC DVD Player arrived today.

amazon.co.uk package with first six episodes (and the 1996 movie) arrived yesterday.

<Insert happy dance>

A few weeks ago I went over my brother's apartment (who has had a region-free player for a while now to get his Godzilla fix from Japan) and we watched the first two episodes. I like it a lot. Good choice for the Doctor and Rose seems to be a good companion. It seems to have captured a lot of the old show's essence while modernizing where required. I like it.

Of course now I want to do a Dr. Who RPG....
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I'll be happy to collaborate on that one, Dan!

Man, I so want to get the show stateside. BBC America, get moving already!
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Watched the first 5 or so episodes and now wish I still had the old FASA game for Who

Oh well, just have to rig Hero or something else for it and see how it goes. Look around Ebay for it.

So far I'm enjoying the episodes. The Doctor is a bit abrasive but in some of the situations I think we would all be to a degree. Rose seems to help as much as hinder in most scenes and she does bring a human quality to the show.
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoshuro
    Watched the first 5 or so episodes and now wish I still had the old FASA game for Who Oh well, just have to rig Hero or something else for it and see how it goes. Look around Ebay for it.
    You could also try out Ian Marsh's fabulous Time Lord game, or check out the notes for adapting other game systems on the Who-RPG site.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

I may look at TimeLord again. I bought it when it first came out then gave it to a friend, didn't look as nice as the FASA one, and that's saying a lot (laugh)
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?