Thread: RPG Releases given dates at GAMA...

RPG Releases given dates at GAMA...

May
    •MegaMan TCG, Battle Box

•WARS TCG, Edge of a Sword

June
    •Star Trek CCG, Adversaries Anthology
    •The Lord of the Rings RPG, Helms Deep Source Book

July
    •The Lord of the Rings TCG, Bloodlines
    -This expansion will feature a new card type, amongst other things, called the “Follower”
    •MegaMan TCG, Cyber Network
    •WARS TCG, Anthology Set
    -This set will feature 18 foil cards of the most powerful cards in the previous releases and will come in a themed storage box.

August
    •Star Trek CCG, To Boldly Go
    •The Lord of the Rings TCG, The War of the Ring Anthology
    -This set will feature 18 Tengwar Foil Cards in a themed storage box.
    •The Lord of the Rings RPG, Paths of the Wise

September
    •The Lord of the Rings TCG, Expanded Middle Earth
    -A Deluxe Draft set featuring new WETA created Foil cards
    •WARS TCG, Motion of Mind
    -180 Card Set
    •Star Trek CCG, Enhanced

October
    •MegaMan TCG, Axxes
    •How to Host a Murder, Holiday Assortment

November
    •The Lord of the Rings TCG, The Hunters
    •How to Host a Murder, Limited Edition Tin

December
    •Star Trek CCG, Captain's Log

Ha! So Decipher makes it another year with no Star Trek RPG stuff.

In the words of C-3PO: "How typical!"

Fifty million CCG/TCG releases, though. Why the hell can't they just release the licence and let someone else get on with it, if they're not going to do anything with it.

I mean, really. Sony pulled AEG's licence for SG-1 and AEG were putting stuff out. Why hasn't Viacom/Paramount/Whoever is in charge of these things pulled Decipher's licence and lease it to a company that wants to make the bleeding game??

I just don't get this stuff...
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaron
    Sony pulled AEG's licence for SG-1 and AEG were putting stuff out.
    Sony did not pull the license. The license came around and AEG had to renegotiate and AEG was not willing to go as far as others were in getting/keeping it. It was simple buisness and nothing so "dramatic."

Quote Originally Posted by JustaGM
    Sony did not pull the license. The license came around and AEG had to renegotiate and AEG was not willing to go as far as others were in getting/keeping it. It was simple buisness and nothing so "dramatic."
    I didn't say it was anything other than simple business. Sony refused to renew AEG's licence. To me that means the licence was yanked...they had it, then Sony said they couldn't have it any more.

I quote Rob Vaux, the AEG representative on the AEG forums:

"For the last several months, AEG has been engaged in negotiations with MGM and Sony Entertainment to continue publishing the Stargate SG-1 role-playing game. Sadly, Sony has chosen not to renew our contract at this time, meaning that we will no longer be able to publish Stargate SG-1. "

My point was that Sony tossed AEG when AEG was producing a lot of stuff for SG-1. The Season 3 sourcebook was on its way (and is now in limbo and will probably never be produced - the AEG people are far more limited, apparently, in contractual terms, than were LUG employees when LUGTrek went belly-up), and they had released several books over the last year.

I was contrasting this with Decipher, which has sat on the Star Trek licence, produced nothing, released nothing and cared nothing for anything except its CCG/TCG lines, and still retains the ST licence.

If anything, I was wishing Paramount would come down on Decipher as hard as Sony came down on AEG and tell them to bloody-well produce some RPG material or risk losing the licence.

Simple business...

My apologies if I sounded "dramatic". I was using a colloquialism.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

if decipher is planning on using a 3rd party for trek rpg, it wouldn't be on their release schedule. from what i heard at GAMA, the new company is dragging their feet and moving slow until everything is concrete. first if was paramount slowing things, now a mystery company? don't know what is going on though.

hmm... sounds like Take 2 not revealing for a while that they were the new publishers for Civilization.