Thread: Invasion Iwoa…who’s going to watch???

Cool Invasion Iwoa…who’s going to watch???

Well, it has ‘Big Bill’ as the host/main character/creator/director/stooge…ok, I take back ‘creator’, as I think it was created by the same team who came up with the ‘the Joe Shmoe Show’, but more on that in a bit.

The show’s ‘show’ (more on that in a bit too); is a sci-fi/pseudo sci-fi premise (an alien invasion of Iowa)

Myself:
    I’m going to give it a few episodes:
    If it can capture the same magic as the original ‘Joe Shmoe Show’, it will be really entertaining, thought provoking, and with ‘Shat’ at the helm, completely over-the-top.

Not to mention, it’s a great ‘up-yours’ towards “reality programming”, something that’s been looooooong overdue (well, since ‘Joe Shmoe 2’s failure anyway). The idea of ‘what would you do to be part of a sci-fi movie’. I perceive the thing as like ‘Joe Shmoe’ (or ‘The Truman Show’) in reverse: ‘We (Bill, his ‘crew’, and the audience) know this is fake, but you (the townspeople) don’t…try to figure it out…’

All-in-all I’m looking forward to it.

Anyone else: aye or nay?…
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Truisms I know:
    1) Marvel is NOT better than DC (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘ULTIMITED’),
    2) D20 is NOT the best gaming system out there (nor should EVERYTHING be ‘crammed’ into it),
    3) And No matter how ‘THEY’ dress it up, Regardless of how ‘THEY’ title it, and even if ‘THEY’ say “BASED ON…”; “ENTERPRISE” IS NOT STAR TREK!!!
    4) 'Reality' T.V. ain't 'Real'

Well, I'm not quite sure about the type of show that you're referring to, as I never watched Joe Schmoe.

If it has anything to do with "reality" TV, I say NAY!

Nay! Nay! Nay! Nay! (I feel like a horse)

I'm sick of reality shows.

Shatner Invades Iowa

No, it's not "War of the Worlds" just yet, but close. From the minds of Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (creators of Joe Schmo) comes this hilarious comedy featuring William Shatner and his Hollywood "entourage" who go to small-town Iowa purportedly shooting a feature film in the new Invasion Iowa. What the good folks of Iowa don't know is that the movie is fake, and they are front row to a ridiculous melodrama making fun of Hollywood and all its eccentric players and personalities.

The new series airs on SpikeTV starting Tuesday, March 29 through Friday, April 1 at 9:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m. and at 12:00 a.m. The two-hour finale will air on Friday, April 1 at 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and re-air 12:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/9625.html
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Well, at least they're making fun of Hollywood. I'm still not going to watch; "reality" TV, to me, is sports.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Well I'm glad Shatner has a regular gig again, But It's a reality show...a form of entertainment I avoid like the Black Death. I don't care who sponsors, hosts, or stars in it I just don't find anything about reality TV worth watching, sorry guys.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Oh! Invasion IOWA.

What do you mean Shatner has a regular gig again? He's Denny Crane on Boston Legal.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Just out of curiosity. . .how many of you knew/know where (or what ) Iowa was/is without looking it up?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Quote Originally Posted by redwood973
    Just out of curiosity. . .how many of you knew/know where (or what ) Iowa was/is without looking it up?
    American state located in the midwest sandwiched between Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska.
    Capital: Des Moines
    Other notable cities:
    Riverside (reputedly the future birthplace of James Kirk and the setting for Invasion Iowa)
    Ottumwa (fictional home of Walter "Radar O'Reilly" and real hometown of a very close friend IRL)
    Fort Dodge (home of our own redwood973)

The only thing I had to look up was the spelling of Ottumwa.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Talking

No offense, but ... why would I want to look up Iowa?

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

An unquenched thirst for knowledge?
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Also home to a campground near Guthrie Grove, where I spent many summer church Reunions.

"No, I'm from Iowa; I only work in outer space."
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Talking

An unquenched thirst for knowledge?
    Where? In Iowa?

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan