Thread: BSG - Wow what a first Season!

BSG - Wow what a first Season!

So what are some of the thoughts on the new show?

Well developed charaters helped the show a lot, a lot of time was put into thinking each one out for this season, though on the down side one or two I think got left behind Apollo and Tye to just name a few of the more glaring examples. I finally got over Starbuck as a women and have come to like the character even more then the original.

So what ya think?
    Draftsmen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Eric R.
    So what ya think?
    Absolutely. Love. The. Show.

Best sci-fi on TV in the past decade. With SG-1 in a tailspin (quality has dropped off dramatically), I'm pleasantly surprised by BSG.

Sure, BSG doesn't entirely make sense, but the series is so tightly written, the characters developed, and the internal continuity so lovingly followed that I'm more akin to press the "I Believe" button than with other slapdash shows.

In short, I don't know entirely what's going on in BSG and there looks to be a LOT to still be revealed, but I'm enjoying every moment of the ride.

That cliffhanger. Wow.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Easily the best sci-fi show to hit since Babylon 5, but in some way better. B5 was operatic and theatrical; BSG is much more gritty and personal, less grandiose.

I though the character development was unparalleled: the characters are consistent, well-written, and develop logically. Starbuck didn't bother me, and Boomer turned out to be one of the better characters and superbly acted. Baltar -- an over the top background baddie in the original show is an intriguing and surprisingly sympathetic character (thanks to Callis' portrayal)...is he nuts, or is six in his head? Tye wound up being incredibly complex, and I think likeable in his own way. Adama is a fantastic character.

The real gem is the toss-off character (or so we thought in the miniseries) -- Helo.

The idea of the Cyclons as the neglected child come for revenge, coupled with the religious undertones, makes them much more compelling villains. The religious overtones of the show make it much more 'mythic' than the original.

I loved it. Can't wait for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Mappin

That cliffhanger. Wow.

WOW, is right and all I will have to say on that issue, talk about an opportunity shot.
    Draftsmen in Training

Oh by the way, I just finished catching up on the new BSG ... as I said in some other thread, even the weakest episode of the season kept me on the edge of my seat ... well, I think episode 13 had me fall from it . As Don said, now that's a cliffhanger!

And the soundtrack! Buffy or Smallville's soundtrack brought a lot to the feeling of the show. But here the soundtrack is nothing like we usually hear. It's just so gripping, it doesn't stand on its own like Buffy's or smallville's, but it pulls the watcher into the scenario in such a brilliant way!

Anyhow, can't wait till july!
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    I didn't make it past the second episode. The show was so damned depressing, there was no point in continuing to watch beyond the limits of my curiosity.

It's sad, but with Enterprise gone, I have no new sci-fi to watch.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Question

So... how soon will they release the 1st season DVDs?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Gotta say I am hooked and a fan

Heck I DLed the British airings and was done almost before it started airing here in Canada. Still love it

Not sold on Starbuck yet, she just hasn't grown on me at all.

I was still undecided until the last 3 episodes. But "Colonial Day" and both "Kobol's ..." really showed some depth in the character. It made her so much more than the cliché woman in a macho-er than thou GI woman. So now I'm sold, I think like all the main characters of the show .

But maybe mainly Boomer . Caprica Boomer, for some reason.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)