Thread: Are the "upcoming" sourcebooks updated in light of the new Enteprise episodes?

Are the "upcoming" sourcebooks updated in light of the new Enteprise episodes?

I was wondering.. do you think that some of planned Trek RPG books that Decipher may or may not release are outdated due to some of the new developments on Enterpries, ie. Klingon forehead resolution and the brief history and background on the Mirror Universe?
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I think they were planning to release them as originally written.

'Releasing' and 'planning to' are two entirely seperate things.
    Going everywhere at the speed of plot

how's this templartiger, decipher has no plans to release any more trek rpg books

I didn't mean to turn this thread to "let's bash Decipher" opportuinty. But back on topic, but anyhow, i guess we'll never know if the unreleased stuff will jive with the new info about foreheads and Mirror Universe background data till we actually see it.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

I deleted my former post because it was unnecessarily snarky.

I should know better than to post when angry, slightly intoxicated, and sleep-deprived.

Significant other is in hospital. I'm very cranky.

Sorry.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

jened - my comment was not intentionally directed as a bash towards Decipher, merely an observation.

Space_Cadet - It would be nice to see these books released, as it would give more information for those of us still playing the game, to work with.

Has anyone considered writing a fan driven supplement for these subjects?
    Going everywhere at the speed of plot

Quote Originally Posted by templartiger
    Has anyone considered writing a fan driven supplement for these subjects?
    Yup. You've got a guy workng on a TNG sourcebook, I've done an Artificial Lifeforms and Alien Compendium, and have been thinking about doing a Worlds netbook, since that was the one I most wanted to see.

I think there was talk of the obligatory Klingon netbook. (Anyone notice it's the Klingon book's impending release that killed LUG and Decipher Trek...damned ridgeheads! )

There's enough stuff in the released material and online fan stuff to kitbsh your own rules for just about anything. If there was one thing I've always wanted to see, it's not Klingons nor ROmulans...I want a book on the politics and working of the UFP itself. I have my own ideas on how it would work, but they're pretty non-canon.

Hehe well a Worlds book would be appreciated and pretty cool, but it's an awsome undertaking!

Politics within the UFP is always going to be a fairly touchy grey area, but I wouldn't like for it to be too non-cannon. I guess what would make such a book useful would be about it going wrong.. aka plot hooks for an adventure, such as when the UFP was threatened by the invading parasites, or the political upheavals around major wars, such as the events shown in The Dominion war or even over issues of the Maquis etc.

While anything not shown on the series, which may be highly useful netbooks, is fair game, I do think we should try and stick to what's been shown to create the Netbooks, much as any liscencee would have too, to give them a professional gloss.
    Ta Muchly

I'm with Tobian on keeping the netbooks relating to canon sources. I'd toyed with the idea of including some of the Pocket Books material, but some of it I think's kind of lame, and a lot of it would require a book by itself, so I'm keeping things canon for the TNG netbook.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind