Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 3 Betrayal (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    ..and here I was just trying to be pithy...
    Yes, but REG brought up having a body double for her. I wish the quote function some times would keep the quote inside the post you are posting, so being quick about it when I posted I did not do my standard manual override.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    considering the movie covers the slaughter of the Jedi as an organization and Anakins fall...PG-13 is fairly appropriate, I would think
    Makes some sense as Anakin is injured enough to be dependant on the Vader outfit. We basically knew where the prequels were going as already had the original trilogy.

PG and PG-13 is basically Parental Guidance and Parental Guidance strongly recommend for those under 13 respectfully. PG is therefore should not be construted to be direct primarily at children.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cochrane
    I am now 99.5% certain that I will not watch Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. I come to this conclusion after reading the first and tenth pages of a particular thread at the official Star Wars mesasage board. A franchise that begins with children as a target should always remain appropriate for children.
    If that's the case, shouldn't all SW films be G rated? I mean, let's face it. Seeing severed body parts in ANH, a decapitation in TESB, and a cute "teddy-bear" like Ewok killed in ROTJ doesn't seem right for children who will be traumatized and end up sleeping with their parents because of nightmares.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Eric R.
    ...if PG 13 had existed in 1980 chances are that Empire would have recieved a PG13 rating ...
    Quite possibly. But people always find something to bitch about. (Nothing personal, reg.)

Frankly, having watched all of them now back-to-back with an open mind...the quality isn't dramatically different between most of the movies. With the exception of TESB, they're all pretty slack on character development, bad acting and writing, and pound through the story with a minimum of detail. The SFX and ligtsaber fights in the new stuff definitely blow the doors off the old trilogy...

I think the carping about Ep I and II is mostly based on nostalgia. But once again, that's opinion...I like 'em all. Yub yub!
    Last edited by black campbellq; 04-14-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    Quite possibly. But people always find something to bitch about. (Nothing personal, reg.)
    *Shrugs*. Meh. Cochrane wanted PG, I wanted NC-17.

Actually, I wanted XXX, but that is Lucas's call.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    Yes, a fine portrayal of the life of a prostitute...
    Yeah gotta go with BC on this one, where I work (security) is one of the hooker centrals in Vancouver and I see Julia Roberts types everyday...

Sorry, the most I can muster in response to this so-called "betrayal" is:

"Boo frickin' Hoo."

The folks at LucasArts are not responsible for those in their "target" audience who have not matured since they saw the first film, 27 years ago.

We all have to grow up sometime.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook