Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 3 Betrayal (SPOILERS)

Angry Episode 3 Betrayal (SPOILERS)

I am now 99.5% certain that I will not watch Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. I come to this conclusion after reading the first and tenth pages of a particular thread at the official Star Wars mesasage board. A franchise that begins with children as a target should always remain appropriate for children. Hopefully Transformers won't be quite as bad as SW3. Some people who get interested in a franchise when they are children want that franchise to remain in a similar condition. There is nothing mature about enjoying the things that earn a movie a PG13 or higher rating. Not wanting to watch R rated movies does not mean a person is childish or anything of the sort. People think that things seen on the news justify the same things being imitated for the purpose of entertainment. The purpose makes a huge difference. Some people seem to view horrible things for entertainment purposes without it seeming to affect them for the worse. But there is no good reason for these things to exist for the purpose of entertainment. Such attempts at entertainment accomplish nothing good. They accomplish only evil. At best, they accomplish nothing.

Umm...okay. have a drink.

PG13 is fine (and sometime even R), in my opinion. It allows exploration of more substantial (and frequently darker) plot lines that may not be appropriate for a younger audience. A lot of stuff that comes out of Hollywood is just crap though, and doesn't use the more mature ratings appropriatley
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Talking

Only PG-13?

Damn!

I wanted an NC-17 movie!
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by REG
    I wanted an NC-17 movie!
    Portman would've balked at the nude scenes.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

considering the movie covers the slaughter of the Jedi as an orgnaization and Anakins fall...PG-13 is fairly appropriate, I would think
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    Get her a body double.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyCaitian
    considering the movie covers the slaughter of the Jedi as an orgnaization and Anakins fall...PG-13 is fairly appropriate, I would think
    That and you can spill really red blood instead of pink blood.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    As long as we don't see silliness like Luke's light saber during the fight on Jabba's sky-barge. You know, the one that sliced through scenery & generally bounced off of extras...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

We have much better special effects now Cybrludite, CGI comes to mind (there really isn't a person there for you to slice through like butter, we'll put him in later)
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tyger
    She did a topless scene for Closer which was cut (and won't be on the DVD), as it did not move the story along. She has refused to have a body double for an earlier movie, Anywhere but Here, which they originally wanted to have he do a nude scene dispite being a minor, Susan Serandon back her up and the scene or that part of it was cut. I alway feel that a nude scene can be cut, it never moves the store along. There was no nude scene in Pretty Woman dispite the movie having a prostitute character.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    There was no nude scene in Pretty Woman dispite the movie having a prostitute character.
    Yes, a fine portrayal of the life of a prostitute...

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Quote Originally Posted by spshu
    She did a topless scene for Closer which was cut (and won't be on the DVD), as it did not move the story along. She has refused to have a body double for an earlier movie, Anywhere but Here, which they originally wanted to have he do a nude scene dispite being a minor, Susan Serandon back her up and the scene or that part of it was cut. I alway feel that a nude scene can be cut, it never moves the store along. There was no nude scene in Pretty Woman dispite the movie having a prostitute character.
    ..and here I was just trying to be pithy...
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Then there was the scene that she & her parents refused to do for The Professional...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Will if PG 13 had existed in 1980 chances are that Empire would have recieved a PG13 rating considering tyat is showed a full scale ground battle, a gory scene with a snow monster, torture, and mutalation.
    Draftsmen in Training