Thread: SCI FI Announces Films for '06

SCI FI Announces Films for '06

SCI FI Announces Films for '06
    SCI FI Channel announced a slate of 28 new original movies premiering on Saturday nights throughout 2006, the most of any year to date.
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30837

SCI FI Reveals New Series
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30824

For the amount of dough they blow on this shitty b-flicks, they could have kept Farscape in their slate. A few of the series could be promising; I'm more open minded after the kick-ass job they did on Battlestar Galactica .

Squid/Tentacles (working title), a creature feature starring a giant squid which attacks the crew of a treasure-hunting expedition.
    Wasn't that one called "The Beast" staring William Petersen and Karen Sillas. Back in 1996.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Quote Originally Posted by black campbellq
    For the amount of dough they blow on this shitty b-flicks, they could have kept Farscape in their slate. A few of the series could be promising; I'm more open minded after the kick-ass job they did on Battlestar Galactica .
    I absolutely agree. Farscape deserves another season, or a spinoff, or miniseries, or... something? Battlestar Galactica is wonderful and should be funded to what will surely be an excellent conclusion (unlike the original series left dangling). And I like what I've seen of Stargate on DVD (Seasons 1, 2, 4, & 7), so I hope that can be continued.

And let's not talk about what "Star Trek" properties could have been developed with this money...

Had trouble bringing up the list this time, but i remember some stuff was kind cool.

I was of the opinion that most of the 'Sci-Fi Cinema Originals' that they show (i.e. the 'shitty b-movies') were not made in house, but bought at some bargan basement movie producer garage sale, repackaged and put out for you, their key demographic.

But yeah, the movie money could have easily kept Farscape on for another year, or funded 'Crusade', or made a really cool series cashing in on the comic book movie craze (after this summer, all those CB movies/series are gonna tank).

Instead, we get Trippin the Rift, Scare tactics, Termors the Series, and several movies that take Your local new channel's 'sweeps scare (i.e. mad cow, snake head fish, and mosqitos carring tropical diseases), and throw in a 'sci-fi' hook (disease is mutant parasite, fish are geneticly engineered killers, mosqito's DNA mutates you!)

Hey, that would make a fun game.

More later!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Wasn't that one called "The Beast" staring William Petersen and Karen Sillas. Back in 1996.
    Nah. I think this sounds quite like Deep Rising (1998) starring Treat Williams and Fanmke Janssen.

But at least its not too much like Ghost Ship (2002) Starring Gabriel Byrne.

I guess the 'monster attacking a treasure hunting crew' is one of the 7 stories in the world that keeps getting trotted out every now and again.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gurden
    Nah. I think this sounds quite like Deep Rising (1998) starring Treat Williams and Fanmke Janssen.
    Ah....one of my guilty pleasures flicks. Loved Williams in the movie.