Thread: Movie era aliens and other

Movie era aliens and other

I was wondering if anyone had compiled the stats for the various aliens introduced in the motion pictures (at least until FASA los their license). I have the main rule set but it pretty much has stats for TOS and some TAS aliens.

Also, has anyone done conversions for any Next Generation and Deep Space races? I have the Year One Next Gen sourcebook but it has some weird stat lines (ferengi for instance).

Thanks in advance,

The races from in STIV were detailed in the Star Trek IV Sourcebook. A few Next Gen races, including Betazoids, appeared in the last book they released, the Star Trek, the Next Generation Season One Sourcebook (the second version of theTNG book, with the red and black cover).

Thanks for the response Owen, although I do have that particular book already.

One reason I was asking was that I've been playing around for years with trying to do a TNG/DS9 era sorcebook update for the FASA game.

I wanted to see what other people had come up with stat wise for races like the Cardassians, Vorta and Jem'Hadar.

Granted this is pretty much still in the idea stage but I was interested to know if any other board members were interested in helping out. If no one wanted to help write the thing then I'm sure I'll need input/advice/criticism on stats/rules.
    I've always been better at coming up with ideas than in stating things out.

thanks in advance,

Ok, here's a related question. When writing a TNG/DS9 update should I do a complete sourcebook with character histories, episode synopsis and the like or just concentrate on converting/making up FASA Trek stats for the new era stuff?

what do you guys (and gals) think?

The first, obviously, would be a lot more like a true sourcebook but would also be a whole lot of work...while just working up stats might not be pretty or fun to read but would give other GMs/Narrators,etc. the info they might need.

Quote Originally Posted by ds9guy
    Ok, here's a related question. When writing a TNG/DS9 update should I do a complete sourcebook with character histories, episode synopsis and the like or just concentrate on converting/making up FASA Trek stats for the new era stuff?

what do you guys (and gals) think?

The first, obviously, would be a lot more like a true sourcebook but would also be a whole lot of work...while just working up stats might not be pretty or fun to read but would give other GMs/Narrators,etc. the info they might need.
    It's really up to you, because you're investing all the time and energy. If it were me, I'd do a basic writeup of the races with stats, have it proof read (maybe post it here, cuz nobody knows Trek better than Trekkies), and then post a final revision (wherever you were planning to do that). Character histories and episode synopses you can add in as updates or appendixes later. Good Luck and I look forward to seeing your sourcebook! If you need anything, please feel free to ask!

TM Joe

I've been looking over the old rules and noticed something that appears to need some revision. These are the psionic rules which were written for Vulcans. And they do work for Vulcans. I'm not sure though that there is enough detail there for Betazoids, Lethians or other TNG-era telepaths.

Anyone have any ideas for how to work this?
    Any other d100 systems that have psionics that might be worth a look for rules ideas?

thanks in advance,

Monty Hedstrom