10 34.48%

11 37.93%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate Star Trek: In a Mirror, Darkly

Rate Star Trek: In a Mirror, Darkly

Again, u know the drill...
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

That was so very, very cool! Nice to actually see a Tholian; I wonder what they're going to be able to do with the Gorn next week....
    Last edited by PGoodman13; 04-23-2005 at 12:05 PM.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Oh, man, did I like this one!

It looked like everyone was having a blast doing the ep, too. The glee of Phlox's face was grand. Loved the Tholians. Loved Defiant firing up. The revised title sequence was a touch of genius (man...just as they're getting this show RIGHT...they have to cancel it.) Can't wait for the finish.
    Last edited by black campbellq; 04-23-2005 at 03:47 PM.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Oh, very, very clever. I have to say that this is one of the best episodes of Trek I have ever watched, on par with "City on the Edge of Forever" in quality.

Manny deserves to take the mantle of the Trek franchise for the work he did this year. He knows what it means to produce a Trek show.

I guess if you gotta go, this is the way to do it.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

This might be the best episode ever!

Opening sequence: Great! (wondered if the 'power ballad' was going to be replaced with thrash metal, but it was still real good)

Evil crew: Fantastic! (why is there so much more cultural diversity on the Evil Enterprise in Archer's time, even more that the 'good' universe's NG Enterprise??)
    So, Merriweather is just a background character in ANY universe?
    Evil Phlox rules, as does 'captain's woman' Hoshi

Finally! A tholian! And it was cool (even died cool! "maternal ancestor" classic!)

Is this Gorn rumor true, or just speculation?

So, any ideas about who the war/rebellion is with?

Probably the Vulcans.

Great show. I give it a 9.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky
    Is this Gorn rumor true, or just speculation?
    Seems to be true, according to the episode page and the production report.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

The editing on the opening scene (using the first contact scene from the movie, but re-editing so that it looks like James Cromwell pulls out a shotgun and blows the Vulcan away, followed by the crowd seizing the ship) was priceless, as was the MU opening credits.

And watching the power-up of the Defiant gave me Geek-Gasms!

Very cool episode, all in all.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

I think they should re-pitch Enterprise to some network (WB or Spike?), but re tool it so it's entirely set in the Mirror universe!

Makes me want to run a MU Trek campaign! (but i figure everyone would backstab each other in like the first two sessions, so it wouldn't be a long campaign!_

I gave it a '9'; as many have said before, they should have done this type of episode in the beginning. Too bad the series is getting cancelled now that is it getting really good. That's the kind of ep that puts ENT on par, in my opinion with the new BSG. The writers took risks, had fun and it shows. I too love the way they did the Tholians and how the episode ties up perfectly with First Contact and The Tholian Web. Whoever gave it a '5' is probably a ENT hater no matter what and should have his/her ass kicked
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

I thoroughly agree with Hugh on this episode. The modified First Contact, the different credits, the Defiant powering up, even the subtle nod of the head to "Menagerie" by having Trip's makeup based off Pike's in that episode (complete with drooping eyelid).

Can't wait to see what they do with the Gorn next week...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Angry

Unfortunately, I missed Part I b/c it was pre-empted here by a Yankees game & UPN didn't announce that it would be shown on the following Sunday. So I never saw Part I. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch Part II since I haven't seen Part I. That means I'll have to wait til the summer reruns.

I missed Part I so somethings were confusing to me. Such as how did Archer get the Defiant & why were they wearing TOS uniforms & what happened to the Defiant's original crew?

The Gorn scene was cool.

I had assumed that ENT's mirror universe episode would be similar to previous mirror universe episodes in that it would involve members of the original Star Trek universe crossing over. This was interesting in that there was no crossover from the other universe except the ship itself. It's interesting to see each of the main characters play out their evil counterparts.

I was quite shocked at to how ambitious the mirror Hoshi is, even assassinating Archer to lead a coup of the Terran Empire.

That's one of the problems w/ a universe in which everyone is evil, selfish, backstabbing & devious. It makes it very hard for society to progress when everyone is out for number one. In such a society, a totalitarian state is almost necessart to keep order & peace. Still, even in the authoritarian state of the mirror universe Terran Empire, there's nothing to prevent someone from attempting to a coup except the military might of the Empire. But if the Emperor can't trust his own soldiers, who can he trust?

It's amazing the Terran Empire became as powerful as it did considering how untrustworthy & unreliable all of its citizens are.

Thumbs up

Finally, got to watch the episode (I taped it).

BEST...
    EPISODE...
    EVAR!!!
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Now I know what the Empire reminds me of. Terran Empire = Pirates.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"