Thread: The last voyage of the 'Enterprise'

The last voyage of the 'Enterprise'

The last voyage of the 'Enterprise'
    LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Star Trek: Enterprise" is about to go where it has never gone before: off the air, taking the "Star Trek" franchise with it.
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

When will it air, will it be a oh it's just a holodeck story ending?

Quote Originally Posted by JALU3
    When will it air, will it be a oh it's just a holodeck story ending?
    Based on the descriptions I've seen and the preview on startrek.com, it doesn't sound like it.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Looks like a Riker's looking over the history of the UFP founding or some sort. I'll wait until I see it before passing judgement.

Might have been an interesting episode, but the Archer-period story was given short shrift. The whole thing was hurried, forced, and not particularly interesting...

Bad end to a great season.

It kinda reminded me of being in a D&D adventure where the Dungeon Master has a favorite NPC...
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Okay... I know I am going to get some flack for this one... but...

I liked it to a point. (Spoiler Alert for those that didn't see it:

I liked the tie-in with the Pegasus mission, and how Riker was agaonizing over his decision to go to Picard.

What I didn't care for:

Was the fact that it was a Next Gen Episode as opposed to a 'Enterprise' episode.

Thank you Brana and Berman for &*$%#!@ up what was a good season.
    Going everywhere at the speed of plot

according to ratings sources, "These Are The Last Voyages..." got the highest rating for season 4. Anyhow, "Terra Prime" was more or less the finale of Enterprise.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Cadet
    according to ratings sources, "These Are The Last Voyages..." got the highest rating for season 4.
    I know I didn't rate it. Whoever did, what are they sniffing up their noses?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    I know I didn't rate it. Whoever did, what are they sniffing up their noses?

If I were to hazard a guess I would say that finales often gather more viewership because all the fans, both the hardcore fandom and the casual viewer (and even the former viewers) are curious to see how the series ends.
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams

Well, it's one thing to tune in. Question is, how do you gauge whether they like the show after watching it (or wasting one hour of their lives)?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stack
    It kinda reminded me of being in a D&D adventure where the Dungeon Master has a favorite NPC...
    Oh, come on...not just D&D; every GM has his favorite NPC and they often get a little more time than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by REG
    Well, it's one thing to tune in. Question is, how do you gauge whether they like the show after watching it (or wasting one hour of their lives)?
    Thats a good question. Since I suspect (amateur assumption here) that viewers will watch a finale from intro to end-credits more readily than a regular episode, its hard to guage whether a finale was good from normal Nielsen ratings.

And concidering only a fraction of the fanbase deals with things like online polls, I don't think we'll ever get a clear idea of what Trek fandom a whole thinks of the Enterprise finale.

Besides, it will all be twisted in the end. They'll look at the raw ratings and proclaim that the finale was a success and praise Berman and Braga for a job well done. Any complaints will be dismissed as the rantings of hardcore Enterprise-haters, as they have always been.

And the world will continue to turn.
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams

Thats a good question. Since I suspect (amateur assumption here) that viewers will watch a finale from intro to end-credits more readily than a regular episode, its hard to guage whether a finale was good from normal Nielsen ratings.

Neilsens don't judge quality - they're strictly a measure of how many people tuned in. The more bums in seats, the more you can sell a 30-second advertising spot for. The more sponsors are willing to pay, the better chance a show has of staying on the air. That is the sum total of what the Neilsens are for.