11 36.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate: In A Mirror, Darkly Part II

Rate: In A Mirror, Darkly Part II

you know the drill...
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!

Loved it. Period.

I've never given a "10" in any of these polls, or to any episode of any Trek since "Trials & Tribbleations."

Until now. This episode was so freakin' cool, I can't tell you!
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Thumbs up i want one of my very own!

i have to say that i thouroughly enjoyed the mirror universe episodes of enterprise. it would be awesome if there were a sourcebook to use in my game. heck i might even have an exclusively mirror campaign!

and does anyone know where to get one of those badass mirror universe enterprise uniform jackets?

ray
    You go over my head and break the chain of command like that again, ensign, and I'll whip you around so fast you'll think you're a first year cadet again.

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, changes us all irrevokably. The first time any man’s freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.

My Page

I give it a 10, too. Great episode.

Of course, the gamer geek in me has to point out the canon establishment of aft-firing torpedoes and phasers on the Constitution-class...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

I was pretty jazzed about that, actually. I love the notion of the Connie having some teeth.

Is it just me, or was the Gorn just a phenomenal piece of work? It's completely changed the way I think of them....
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Someone on the LiveJournal Star Trek community noted this:

After broadcatching the recent episode of Enterprise, "In a Mirror, Darkly Part 2" I was just rewatching it. I got to the scene where Hoshi and Archer are looking at their historical profiles. We only see the screen on each for a moment, but I noticed that there is real information written there. Thought I'd share with those who didn't catch it and can't download the episode.

Hoshi Sato
    Rank at retirement: Lieutenant Commander
    Former Assisgnment: Communications and Protocols officer, Enterprise NX-01.

Captain Archer's is a little more interesting.

Jonathon Archer
    Rank at retirement: Admiral, Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command
    Former assignments:
    Commanding officer, Enterprise NX-01, 2150-2160
    Ambassador to Andoria, 2169-2175
    Federation Councilman, 2175-2183
    President, UFP, 2184-2192 (Two terms!)

Well, well. Seems our little captain has quite a future ahead of him.
    Hugh Casey
    My Online Journal

"Oh, bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."

Cool.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Wow, that was phenomenal! I gave it another 10. These were two of the best episodes of the entire franchise.

And, the twist at the end...very cool (although, I did see it coming when the camera panned down). It's dangerous at the top.

BC, I guess we need to rework the 2267 stats for the Constitution class (aft phasers, aft torpedoes)... That was too sweet. Now I want a TOS-era movie or series.

I'll say this again: Paramount needs to make Manny Coto the head of the franchise. He has the right vision and attitude to bring Trek back to prominence.

And, PG, the Gorn was exactly as I envisioned them to be drawn up. That was a nice sneak peek at the race.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by ray53208
    i have to say that i thouroughly enjoyed the mirror universe episodes of enterprise. it would be awesome if there were a sourcebook to use in my game. heck i might even have an exclusively mirror campaign!

ray
    I said the same thing last week!

So much coolness:
    Wish Shran was on the other ship; would've been cool to see him as Suval's friend in the MU! But that would have put them over the cameo limit i think.

Slarr was soo cool. They made him just how i've always wanted to see a gorn; powerful, clever, deadly. And not just 'walking slowly behind Kirk waiting to get a chestful of diamonds'. I only wish he had more screen time. (and i was glad they didnt do the "he's a reptile; lower the temp to freezing' bit; the grav plating bit was real clever, but it would have been cool to have them try 10 g's and have him still coming for Archer.

Alt. Hoshi ( or 'slutty Hoshi' as my friends call her) must realize that she's gonna have to live on that ship; the minute she's off it she's dead and some one else is emperor.

Oh, and by erasing the Defiant's logs, (not sure where 'Tholian Web' and the first appearance of the MU are in seasons), but doesnt she ensure the eventual downfall of the Empire?

I liked this episode too. Gave it a 9; they were both very fun.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Thumbs up

it was two good shows . The samething always happens , a good story on the bordering of becoming a great one . " Shot we have seven minutes of airtime leave . The writers tpyed out a quick ending " This story arc needed to three or four parts . Then it may be the evil genes taking over .
    Last edited by toadmage; 05-01-2005 at 11:23 PM.

Considering the abstractness of the Starships construction system, we can say that the Connie always had the aft banks of weapons. But as to making more TOS related ships, I'd like to give a crack at it.

As to the episode, it was a blast and this is the sort of fun Enterprise should have been to begin with.

Give it a 10. Kudos to Manny Coto for good work.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Casey
    Someone on the LiveJournal Star Trek community noted this:

After broadcatching the recent episode of Enterprise, "In a Mirror, Darkly Part 2" I was just rewatching it. I got to the scene where Hoshi and Archer are looking at their historical profiles. We only see the screen on each for a moment, but I noticed that there is real information written there. Thought I'd share with those who didn't catch it and can't download the episode.

Hoshi Sato
    Rank at retirement: Lieutenant Commander
    Former Assisgnment: Communications and Protocols officer, Enterprise NX-01.

Captain Archer's is a little more interesting.

Jonathon Archer
    Rank at retirement: Admiral, Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command
    Former assignments:
    Commanding officer, Enterprise NX-01, 2150-2160
    Ambassador to Andoria, 2169-2175
    Federation Councilman, 2175-2183
    President, UFP, 2184-2192 (Two terms!)

Well, well. Seems our little captain has quite a future ahead of him.
    in the words of eric cartman: "kickass!"
    You go over my head and break the chain of command like that again, ensign, and I'll whip you around so fast you'll think you're a first year cadet again.

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, changes us all irrevokably. The first time any man’s freedom is trodden on, we are all damaged.

My Page

Missed Part I but gave Part II a 10. Somethings were confusing to me but I'm sure are explainable once I see Part I. Look forward to seeing Part III & Empress Sato's reign.